If you are interested in this job and need more details, please send me (Chetan) your resume on Chetan.firstname.lastname@example.org and call/ text me on (703) 637-7540. Thanks!Job Title: Civil and Structural EngineerLocation: Shreveport LA 71129Duration: Direct HireHours: 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM (Mon – Fri)
- The role of Structural Engineer is to support the Engineering Lead and Product Engineering Manager.
- They will be accountable for the mechanical and piping scope and systems in large scale data centers across the design, construction, assembly, testing, installation, and commissioning phases.
- The Structural Engineer will be responsible for checking and approving drawings / designs; interface communication, and ensuring the accuracy, reliability, efficiency, and safety of the overall structural scope of work for Hyperscale Data Center Modules meets customer’s requirements and Industrial Standards.
- The Structural Engineer will play a critical role with supporting the plant during the manufacturing stage.
- They will also be assisting various stakeholders in troubleshooting site installation and commissioning problems.
- The Engineer will support the goals and programs established by the management team. These roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Checking and approving drawings, information and documentation which meets Industrial standards and code to enable the manufacturing group and other departments to produce Data Center Infrastructure Modules.
- Review and monitor Engineering work, as required, to assure accuracy and conformance with Client and / or Company Specifications, governing codes, good engineering practices, good safety practices, project procedures, and job requirements.
- Attend and initiate Design and Development Planning and Review session to meet customer’s and industry’s need.
- Prepare TRs (Technical Requisitions) for mechanical systems and various components.
- Review vendor quotations and provide feedback to procurement team.
- Prepare and complete various structural engineering deliverable drawings, documents, and calculations such as general arrangements, connection / joint details, weld details, structural calculations, etc.
- Prepare bulk MTOs (Material Take Offs) and detailed BOMs (Bill of Materials).
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs while managing impact to quality, cost, or schedule.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs and applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes assignments in a self-driven and self-sufficient manner.
- Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods and represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions.
- Applies advanced or state-of-the-art knowledge and experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive experience.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Stays up to date with advancements in electrical engineering and data center technologies and recommend new technologies to improve the reliability and efficiency of our data center product line.
- Determining brackets, fastening, bolting, and / or mounting of components and major equipment
- Perform or check calculations of structural members and weld sizing for modules, skids, building frames, platforms, and walkways for all applicable design loads and design combinations in accordance with the “Design Basis”.
- Perform or check vessel and major equipment support design of lifting devices, as required.
- Coordinate with Drafting Department to identify critical locations of beams, supports and other structural components.
- Provide necessary dimensional sketches and engineering instructions to Drafting Department, as required.
- Provide or check preliminary structural beams / shapes.
- Advise and assist project and discipline engineers with the interpretation and clarification of applicable industry Codes and Client Specification requirements.
- Supervise outsourcing of structural engineering work, with 3rd Party Engineering Firms.
- Create or check “Design Basis” document specific to the project. The document is based on the applicable Codes, client specifications, company scope of supply, and approved exception list.
- Perform or check structural design analysis with all applicable design loads and design combinations in accordance with the “Design Basis”.
- Review “as-built” drawings and re-run or check calculations, as required, to ensure conformity.
- Represent company with customers during review meetings. Act as the primary point of contact for clients, responding to their inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide technical support during the construction phase, responding to RFIs and addressing any issues that arise.
- Attend job site visits, project meetings, and commissioning activities as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized university.
- Professional Engineering License (Strongly Preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural design and engineering of equipment, with a focus on data center infrastructure.
- Ability to produce drawings/sketches to illustrate design/ideas.
- General knowledge and direct experience with the construction, operation, and maintenance of data centers and components.
- Strong knowledge in structural analysis design and construction of structural steel frames, skids, and equipment modules.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting of welded structures, in depth knowledge of welding practices, and weld connection designs.
- Knowledge of industry standards, codes, and regulations, including but not limited to:
- AISI – American Iron and Steel institute
- AISC – American Institute of Steel Construction
- ANSI – American National Standards Institute
- ASTM – American Society of Testing and Materials
- AWS – American Welding Society
- IBC – International Building Code
- MFMA – Metal Framing Manufactures Association
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- NFPA – National Fire Protection Association
Mastery knowledge and proficiency in:
- Experience working with computer-aided design (CAD) and building information modeling (BIM) software.
- Fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects
- Direct experience in negotiating with regulatory agencies regarding departures from code and ultimately achieving design approval and permitting.
Operational knowledge in:
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint)
- PDF Editor (Adobe, Foxit, or other equivalent)
- Bentley STAAD PRO (RISA would be considered but not preferred)
- SAP (ERP Tool w/ Engineering Modules and Transactions)
- Solid Works
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk BIM 360
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Navisworks Manager / Freedom
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to make sound decisions and think creatively.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Performs well under pressure in high stress environments.
- Extremely comfortable with task switching as priorities change.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Ability to think creatively and identify opportunities to enhance the client experience.
- Extreme work ethic and maintains high level of quality of work and due diligence.
- Express complex ideas effectively in both individual and group situations.
Last updated on Sep 20, 2023