takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Business Development Manager to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
This position reports to the Sales & Account Manager Team Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver on Marketplace sales targets focused on acquiring quality 3rd party sellers
- Creating and maintaining a robust sales pipeline with focus on key strategic sellers
- Conceptualise and execute on new seller acquisition strategies
- Be able to perform needs analysis for potential sellers
- Travelling within South Africa (Monthly)
- Work closely with Brand, Category and Sales & Account Managers to build a robust seller pipeline
- Feedback to Brand Manager and Team Leader on sourcing strategies
- Identify, set up and host expos, events and webinars
- Create executable actions by managing data
- Ability to present and build relationships with senior managers
- Ability to go beyond what is expected
- Commercially-minded, strong negotiator
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about takealot.com and the potential of marketplace
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Comfortable with change and excellent team player
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Diploma
- 3 - 5 years solution sales experience, preferably in the retail and/or software solutions industry OR
- If the Degree / Diploma qualification requirement isn’t met, at least 7 years sales experience
- Experience presenting to senior managers & the C-suite
- Experience in generating leads through physical and digital means
- Proven track record of delivering results in business development or client acquisition
- Competence in Excel
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is a plus
- Must have own car
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer- centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e- commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.
Last updated on Sep 18, 2023