Renewable Energy (Solar) Technician
Location: Travelling USA
Spark Power is a leading independent power solutions provider to the electrical service industry across North America. We deliver technical solutions that help our customers transition to the grid of the future – Renewable Energy.
The Renewable Energy Technician will travel to job sites around the United States and help build and maintain solar, wind, battery storage & electric vehicle infrastructure. The technician must be competent and qualified to work on electrical and/or mechanical components of Renewable Energy assets.
We are excited to provide careers in Renewables and are committed to being the best employer possible. Our product is our people!
What you’ll be doing as a Renewables (Solar) Technician:
- Follow all Health and Safety policies to maintain a zero-incident workplace
- Complete routine safety documentation before every job including tailgate meetings, electrical work permits, etc.
- Technical troubleshooting & preventative maintenance activities to maximize performance/production
- Energization/de-energization procedures
- Follow & implement LOTO plans & procedures
- Interpret schematics and blueprints
- Quality assurance checklists and inspections to document deficiencies and identify corrective actions needed
- Follow OEM specific maintenance requirements in addition to company standards and industry best practices i.e. NETA MTS, CSA Z463, etc.
- Daily digital reporting and documentation of all work performed
- Work in a team-based environment and independently whereas necessary
- Participation in on-call weekend services on a rotating schedule
- Identify and provide feedback to issues and ongoing development of projects
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Keep the sites looking clean and safe– buildings, vegetation, fences, gates, roads, etc.
- Ensure spare parts inventory is organized and clean
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education with an electrical or mechanical base is an asset
- ABET/EAC certification will be considered an asset
- State certified Journeyman license an asset
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Able to determine color codes
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Computer proficient (proficiency with mobile apps and various software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Report writing)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team mentality and liaise with customers to ensure quality of service
- In physical condition to climb a wind turbine (300+ feet) and lift / move equipment (50+ pounds)
- Work in adverse weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Firm commitment to safety
- Be a believer in renewable energy
- Able to complete background check and drug testing at time of job offer
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to provide clear MVR at time of job offer
- Able to travel throughout the United States without restriction 80-100% of the time
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- 30:10 Rotations
- $115 / day per diem
- 40-Hour weekly minimum while on jobs
- 1.5X Overtime after 40 Hours / week
- Managers that all started as field techs, have been promoted from within, actually care and get the work
- One of the most positive and fun company cultures in the industry. No one is 'just a number' at Spark.
- Benefits after the 30-day probationary period (health, vision, dental, 401K @ 50/50 Cost Share
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Company Vehicles
- $100 per month cell phone allowance
- PPE/ Training/Travel paid for
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.