Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium, local businesses can simplify the way they communicate with their customers—from collecting payments to facilitating online reviews to launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride. Does that sound like you?
As an Account Executive at Podium, Melbourne, you will own the entire sales lifecycle. Armed with a suite of business-critical SaaS tools, you will be tasked at generating, qualifying and closing new business opportunities within your assigned territory. You will be closely supported by you Team Lead, along with the SDR and Marketing team(s) to help achieve your monthly revenue goals.
Podium's Account Executives play a truly influential role on how local business is conducted within the region - you will make interactions so much simpler, empowering your customers to be as successful as possible.
What you’ll do:
- SMB + Mid-Market acquisition: close new business deals through solution-based selling
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to deal closure, with assistance from the SDR, CSM and Marketing team(s)
- Work closely with your SDR to help generate qualified leads
- Self-source: make outbound calls and emails daily
- Exceed your monthly revenue target
- Pipeline management: maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and ensure Salesforce is kept up-to-date
What you'll bring:
- 1-2+ years' of B2B closing experience in a high velocity role (tech-sales preferred, but not essential)
- Proven experience selling to SMB's (bonus points for experience within Retail, Auto, Medical, Home Services and/or Professional Services)
- Proven success prospecting into new markets and generating leads
- The ability to navigate quick sales cycles'
- Experience carrying and exceeding monthly revenue targets
- Exceptional presentation and pitching skills
What we bring:
- Real growth and career development opportunities, we’re still young in Australia with plenty of room to grow.
- A unique product that makes an actual impact on the local businesses you love and support.
- Attractive base + super and commissions package - uncapped earnings.
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium.
- A generous $600 monthly ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, spent how you please
- Free snacks and drinks, which are always stocked up.
- You'll find Podium in the Queen & Collins building with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage and lockers, a cocktail bar and a brand new Podium Australia HQ.
A few other things we want to let you know about...
- Podium is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply.
- Successful candidates are required to undergo a background check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.
Last updated on Oct 11, 2023