Vevo is the world's leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade. Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today's ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 25B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Vevo’s Europe Content & Programming team in London. We are looking for a passionate and driven candidate to join us as Programming and Label Relations Manager, Germany. In your role you will ensure Vevo Germany is effectively managed from a content and editorial perspective by maintaining the integrity of the platform and keeping excellent label and partner relationships. You’ll make sure programming is constantly relevant to the German audience and there is consistent growth across the network.
As a member of this team you will:
- Program across the Vevo platform to reflect local music tastes
- Manage and update the Vevo Germany Connected TV Programming on linear channels and VOD apps
- Conceive, create and update video playlists and programs reflecting local music trends, artist careers and calendar events
- Monitor video trends locally and update programming accordingly
- Run promotion for music videos and Vevo Original content using internal tools
- Work with the EU social media manager to provide copy and guidelines to promote key local premieres and playlists
- Provide German translations for marketing or product localisation
- Be the main point of contact for the German music industry, with a focus on our key content partners
- Be responsible for presenting Vevo’s mission and business developments in market, both with key label partners and at industry events
- Communicate with our key German content partners and wider internal Vevo departments with a focus on securing video premiers for Vevo’s distribution network
- Identify local talent for potential inclusion across Vevo’s original content series and manage partnerships with label and talent teams when confirmed for a shoot in Vevo's London studio
- Full Original content campaign management and promotion, including contribution to artist interviews and script writing
- Native German and fluent English language skills
- Confident public speaking and presentation skills
- 5+ years experience in a record label/ digital distribution or dsp
- Passion for music of all genres, with a focus on German trends
- Strong relationships with the German music industry with a keen interest and understanding of local music culture, trends and wider industry shifts
- Proven writing ability including customising content for different audiences
- Tech savvy with a good understanding of CMS and other content programming tools
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We offer competitive compensation including a match up to 6% of your pension contributions
- We offer private health insurance and life insurance
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office. Vevo operates in a hybrid work model and requires employees to be in office 3 days a week, on average. To qualify for the role you will need to be currently located or willing to relocate near the London office.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Last updated on Oct 20, 2023