Trainee GIS & Data Technician
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY!
We are looking for a Trainee GIS & Data Technician with a keen eye for detail. The candidate will use GIS tools and Excel to manipulate, analyse and present information to assist the Fibre Design Team. It is not essential that the candidate has experience of GIS software, as full training will be given, though knowledge of QGIS or ESRI would be desirable.
We need a self-motivated individual who can work both on their own and as part of a team, liaising with Fibre Designers and project teams. The role offers opportunities to develop and move into a Junior Fibre Designer role over time as experience is gained.
- Creating maps to highlight information requested from project and marketing teams.
- Data manipulation within external databases, internal program databases, and Microsoft Excel.
- Preparation and analysis of reports. This includes, but is not limited to, coverage and survey reports.
- Sourcing available infrastructure for our fibre networks.
- Generating survey maps for our planned fibre builds.
- Assisting in the designing of our fibre networks.
- Grading premises from a desktop perspective using the Fibre Cloud and GIS software
- Creating Bill of Materials (BoM) from FC designs using Excel
- Making changes to designs to support migration error fixing.
- Good geospatial/geographical knowledge and understanding.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Background understanding of a GIS suite such as QGIS is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of end to end fibre networks
- Knowledge of Airband design processes
Skills / Personal Qualities
- Keen attention to detail.
- Interest in mapping.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Proactive problem solver with logical decision making qualities.
- Effective communicator.
- Able to work alone and also within a team.
- Quick learner - ability to pick up new software quickly.