RCM Technologies, Inc. (RCMT) is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business and technology solutions.
Since 1971, RCMT's core strengths and expertise are a result of more than 5 decades of successful hands-on project experience across numerous industries such as Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Distribution, Public Sector and Technology.
We continue to expand our service offerings by developing additional capabilities in complementary and compatible technologies and business processes. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, single-source integrated solutions with multiple delivery options so that we can better serve our clients' needs in particular industry environments.
With a strong geographic presence throughout North America, international business alliances and partnerships with major technology companies, RCMT has the proven track record to help clients maximize performance results and create sustainable value.RCMT Energy Services
RCMT's Energy Services Division is a comprehensive Engineering/Architectural design and construction management firm providing clients with total solutions for their project needs. RCMT provides the highest quality services in all engineering disciplines to utility, industrial, commercial and institutional customers.
At RCMT, we believe the key to success is working with our clients to define the correct technical staff and resources necessary to assure each project phase can be executed within the client's guidelines. This requires technical personnel with a depth of experience in all phases of project execution.
- Over 450 Engineers and Technical Designers on our staff ready to support our clients with their routine and complex engineering needs.
- Experienced, multi-discipline project teams offer the full range of comprehensive services necessary to successfully execute all aspects of power delivery, generation, commercial and industrial projects.
- Proven project management skills and tools are applied to all tasks to achieve budget and schedule commitments.
- Highly responsive, flexible and cost-effective total solutions consistently delivering results that exceed our customers' expectations.
RCMT Energy Services is seeking to hire a Senior High Voltage Substation Design Engineer with experience in Power Utilities to join its team.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of utility substation design with limited guidance from other experienced engineers and should be able to assist junior level engineers and designers from time to time. Responsibilities will include leading the detail design of low to extra high voltage utility substations, generating stations and related facilities. The successful candidate will perform or coordinate preparation of one-line diagrams, control and relaying schematics, wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation layout, grounding and lightning plans, etc. This position may also include performing or coordinating design calculations in accordance with industry standards such as IEEE, NEC, NESC, etc. as well as working within client specific standards which will vary from client to client. Additional responsibilities include performing QA/QC design checks, assisting with design efforts for electric utility substation physical and wiring/control/protection packages, preparing drawings, sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials, project schedules and any other required documents and/or reports. Various client information systems will be utilized by the successful candidate to retrieve information and to deliver design packages. Travel to client sites will be required as necessary to perform job functions such as, but not limited to acquiring field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design. The candidate will be assigned to act as a project engineer on some projects. As a project engineer, the successful candidate will need to coordinate the design and engineering activities with other disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Mechanical and other Engineering disciplines and Architects.Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree (BS or BE) in Engineering in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a concentration in Power Systems.
- 7+ years of experience in Engineering, Design, or related work experience in Utility Grade power systems including substations, transmission, generation, relay protection, etc.
- Working knowledge of the NEC, NESC, NEMA, ANSI and IEEE codes.
- Ability to create new and to revise existing One Line drawings, Relay Protection Diagrams and AC/DC Schematic and Wiring drawings.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making.
- Shows strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with clients, vendors and the public at large.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands.
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products and familiar with Autodesk Plant Design Suite (including AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Navisworks, Revit) and/or Bentley AutoPLANT.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to drive to client sites and between branch offices. Nationwide and International Travel may be required from time to time. Expected travel time is approximately 10-20% and can vary.
- Project Management experience
- PE License or FE/EIT Certificate and the willingness to obtain a PE
- Certifications: PMP, LEED-AP, etc.
- Advanced degrees Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Inter-disciplinary Engineering Experience is highly desired
- Testing, Commissioning or Start-up Experience
- Construction Supervision and field support services experience
- US Citizen or the ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Competitive Salary offered, along with benefits such as 401k, Stock Purchase Plan, Health, Dental and more. Salary and Title are commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time