We are looking for a WET CAST LABORER to join our CALDWELL, ID plant. As a general laborer with Contech you will contribute to America’s essential infrastructure including drainage systems, pipe, bridges and structures, and stormwater management.
- Competitive wages.
- Opportunities for overtime.
- Company provided benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, disability, Company paid life and disability benefits, paid vacation, and 401K.
About the Role
- Tying reinforced steel, preparing forms, and casting concrete according to fabrication drawings.
- Loading, unloading, and moving materials and assisting operators with machinery used in the production process.
- Comply with all safety regulations, maintain clean and orderly work areas and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times. Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors, and customers.
- Shovel concrete into wheelbarrow and clean out bucket.
- Set up and pour concrete forms and finished of the final product.
- Miscellaneous clean-up including picking up garbage and cutting scrap mesh.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance; comply with all company policies unit work rules, and directives for the fulfillment of maximum production and quote objectives.
- Regular time and attendance to meet customer needs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be safety-conscious, willing to work as a team, and follow instructions.
- Experience in concrete construction is preferred. Hydraulic experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds frequently. Over 50 pounds, a forklift or crane will be used.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment with all levels of employees. Commitment to building a positive culture, and possess strong work ethic, be self-motivated, positive problem-solver, dedication, dependability and timeliness.
- Ability to use hand tools (e.g., hammer, torch, wrench, hammer drills, hand trowel).
- Basic mathematic skills and be able to read a measuring tape.
- While performing duties, employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. Appropriate safety equipment is provided by the company for all employees.
Each day brings new challenges at Contech, and we make sure you are prepared for it all. Our dedication to continual improvement and hands-on training ensures you are ready for the many new experiences and challenges that you will face. We offer:
- A friendly and team-oriented work environment, with a supportive management team.
- Hands-on training for our laborers and opportunities for advancement.
- A company dedicated to continuous improvement.
Last updated on Nov 14, 2023