BJSS is a different type of tech consultancy. For 30+ years, we’ve prided ourselves on technical excellence, solving the toughest problems, and a relentless commitment to finding solutions where others have failed.
In all that time, we've stayed privately owned and fiercely independent, which has allowed us to build an enduring business that preserves the things that make us stand out.
A different kind of tech consultancy needs a different type of person. The square pegs that don’t fit in the round holes. The minds that never stand still. The ones who push themselves to do incredible things in unconventional ways.
If you demand variety, hunger to learn new things, and crave working with the brightest and best minds in the industry, BJSS can offer you some of the most complex and challenging problems to solve for the biggest organisations in the world.
But if you want every day to be the same, this isn’t the place for you. We can promise you one thing: you won’t be bored.
What you will be doing
As a QA Engineering Lead at BJSS you’ll contribute to the planning, design and implementation of testing frameworks. You’ll be involved in scripting automated tests and working collaboratively with other engineers in a continuous build environment. You’ll work in a fast-paced agile team, implementing best practices across testing and automation to deliver solutions that utilise coding principles and patterns. You’ll also liaise with senior stakeholders, acting as a trusted advisor where needed.
You should apply if you have
- Significant hands-on experience in Test Automation and Quality Assurance
- Experience with C#; experience with other scripting languages is advantageous
- Current/previous responsibility for devising & implementing test strategies, particularly for Programmes with a wide range of testing practices and tools
- Experience with BDDfy or SpecFlow
- Experience leading a team of Automation Test Engineers
- Hands-on experience with Non-Functional Testing including performance, load, accessibility, compatibility, OAT – Failover/Resilience
- Confidence working in a standalone Test Engineer capacity to create Automation Frameworks from scratch
- Demonstrable hands-on Azure DevOps experience
- Hands-on experience with Azure, Docker, AKS, Terraform, and Wiremock
- Experience in reporting to senior, Programme/Director-level stakeholders to give clear, concise, and appropriate updates throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Strong reporting skills
- Consistent experience in leading daily Scrum meetings working closely with Delivery Managers, Architects, Technical Leads, Business Analysts, etc.
- Confidence and expertise to work with a range of partners across diverse business and technology communities
- Expertise with various software testing tools (e.g. jBehave, jUnit, Cucumber, Specflow, jMeter, Gatling, Appium, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with cloud DevOps environments such as AWS, Azure etc., including creating CI/CD Pipelines
- Solid experience with end-to-end Agile software delivery including analysis, enterprise development, build & deployment, and support
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise the “perfect candidate” doesn’t exist. If you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may just be the right candidates for this or other roles!
Some of the perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- We have a busy social calendar that you can choose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.
Last updated on Sep 21, 2023