Network Surveyor - Installation Solutions
Airband is seeking an additional Network Surveyor to join our expanding business. We are a family established Internet Service Provider bringing broadband to rural areas through a mixture of technologies. Having secured several £multi million projects, and with the view of acquiring more, we need a surveyor on a permanent basis to help deliver successful customer connections. You will be working on major new projects as Airband extends its networks in specific geographic regions.
The purpose of the role is to report to the installation solution team leader and undertake all works associated with and including the surveying and planning of optimal fibre optic (FTTP/FTTH) routes for customer installations that require additional works to progress to a successful connection.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Attending sites & customer premise to determine the best installation route for fibre optic cable where the normal route to install is difficult or requires additional works.
- Identifying the best and most efficient solution to connect the customer premise and liaising with the team coordinator & team leader to ensure the correct information is reported to enable the work to progress fluidly.
- Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts, poles, and the solution to enable customer connections.
- Surveying fibre routes through buildings and MDU's to determine best route and solution.
- Interpreting fibre design plans (Vetro & Fibre cloud)
- Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescales.
- Identifying any potential Traffic Management, tree cutting, or other requirements required to complete the work.
- Additional assistance for the installation solutions teams maybe required, which will include but is not limited to the following activities to be undertaken (Tree cutting, small civils work, Overhead fibre installation, Underground fibre installation, Customer connections (lead in))
Skills knowledge and aptitude:
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word & Power point
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Understanding of routing of telecom wiring from point to point
- Understanding of logistics involved in all civils work inherent in network installation
- Understanding of legislative and regulation requirements, including but not limited to, wayleaves, permits and associated agreements
- Ability to manage and coordinate works for multiple team members
- Knowledge of or experience working in Openreach
- Experience using GIS platforms.
- Ability to use a smartphone, a tablet, or a laptop with a Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Valid Accreditation, Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Openreach PIA Duct & PIA Pole Survey Valid Accreditations. A9, S2, A8, S5 S11.
- Openreach PIA valid accreditations SA001, SA002, S7 & S8
- Up-to-date certification in Manual Handling & First Aid at Work.
- Able to follow design schematics and management direction.
- Work outdoors in challenging field environments. For example, in bad weather conditions.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Basic Salary + Annual Bonus
- Company vehicle with the option for personal usage.
- Christmas & Summer Social Events
- Airshare (employee discount platform) - save up to £1,000 a year
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing after 2 years’ service an extra day each year worked (up to 30)
- 5% Airband pension plus minimum 3% employee contribution
- Health & Dental Schemes
- Death in service
- Lots of opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Airband’s exciting journey
If you meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you.