The Infield Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the development of all minor league infielders in the Boston Red Sox organization. The candidate will play a key role in evaluating current programming, as well as introducing and developing new programming. This includes, but is not limited to, scaling programming effectively across the Red Sox infielder pool, creating well established systems, and forming effective frameworks for experimentation and learning. As part of the responsibilities, the Infield Coordinator will educate and collaborate with players and staff to maximize departmental buy-in.
Additionally, with a focus on the intersection of Research & Development, Skill Acquisition, Analytics, Sport Science, and biomechanical data gathering, the Infield Coordinator will ensure that the programming is evidence-based and effective in the pursuit of building championship caliber Major League Infielders.
With oversight of the skill positions at each affiliate, the position will also interface with the Major League staff, Minor League coordinators/coaches/staff, and PD leadership. The ideal candidate must be inquisitive, intellectually curious, data-driven, open-minded, and must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Through a commitment to our core values of communication, empowerment, and accountability, lead our group of infield coaches and players in the pursuit of establishing programming that will drive the facilitation of best-in-class development for our infielders.
- Work with the Field Coordinator and the other defensive coordinators in creating and upholding an identity as a defensive department.
- Work with the leadership from other departments in the development and execution of individual player plans, as well as follow through with maintaining emphasis on priority goals during the season.
- Build and execute staff development, evaluation, and education systems for the skill coaches under their charge. This includes in-season and off-season development systems for staff growth, with an expectation building relationships while investing in the development of their staff with clear, candid, and actionable feedback.
- Oversee the INF training environments at each affiliate. This includes, but is not limited to, establishing expectations and systems to carry out world class training environments throughout the season.
- Representation at any events and meetings deemed appropriate by the Club. Rove to the Player Development Complex, DR Academy, and all affiliates to support & develop staff and evaluate processes. Visits to the Major League club are also included for the purpose of evaluating continuity between Major League and Minor League operations.
At the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Management, we go beyond embracing diversity. We’re committed to living by our values, strengthening our community, and creating a workplace where people genuinely feel like they belong.
Too often, job seekers don’t apply to positions because they don’t meet every qualification. If you love this role and are great at what you do, we encourage you to apply. Your unique skills and experiences might just be what we’ve been looking for.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
Last updated on Oct 10, 2023