- The Quality Assurance Web Editor edits, proofreads and verifies content for Client's websites and other digital channels to validate its style, functionality and accuracy.
- He/she will be involved in content verification, creation and management. This includes:
- Writing and editing copy
- Creating, editing and publishing pages within the web content management system
- Auditing and maintaining the accuracy and style of existing content
- The Quality Assurance Web Editor should be comfortable editing content into a plain and simple style that communicates complex business plans and strategies. In addition, he/she should be comfortable following Associated Press style as well as our corporate style.
- This position requires someone to be adept at both new technology and editorial work. The Quality Assurance Web Editor will report to the Content Strategy Team Leader and should be comfortable working under minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reviews content for Client Cross of Michigan websites, ensuring content is organized in a clear, simple and usable manner.
2. Produces web content, which includes proofreading and working within the companys content management system.
3. Proofreads copy for grammar, style and accuracy.
4. Makes corrections to content before it is posted to the site.
5. Participates in quality assurance testing to verify that web content functions properly.
6. Prepares content for the web following best practices for search engine optimization, including proper use of keywords and preparation of relevant meta content such as description, title and alt tags.
7. Tests the accuracy and accessibility of content using various tools such as Perfecto, JAWS and NVDA.
8. Reads and understands basic HTML coding.
9. Collaborates with teams across the organization, including communications, marketing, graphics, sales, product and IT to produce and deliver content.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- One year of relevant professional web editing/writing experience.
Last updated on Apr 17, 2023