The Building People, LLC, has an immediate opening for a Building Automation Project Manager. We are looking for an experienced professional who can work with minimal oversight to support a very fast-growing and dynamic part of our business. Specifically, the BAPM will manage the deployment, integration and management of smart buildings and internet of things (IoT) technology within federal and commercial facilities. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where they can autonomously work with clients, lead team members and subcontractors to ensure project performance and delivery, and where appropriate identify growth areas for new work. Candidate may be remote/telework during times when onsite work is not required if candidate can arrive in the Washington DC metro within two (2) days’ notice.
Required Experience & Skills
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate expertise in the deployment of hardware, firmware, and software solutions for smart building and IoT technology.
- Client and Stakeholder Management: Serve as the main technical liaison between the client and our team of technicians. Effectively communicate project progress, technical requirements, and milestones to all stakeholders.
- Project Planning and Execution: Develop and manage comprehensive project plans, including subcontractor and external vendor relationships, resource allocation, budget management, risk assessment, and issue resolution.
- Quality Control and Risk Management: Conduct internal quality control reviews to ensure projects adhere to scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards. Analyze and mitigate project risks, and track issue resolution.
- Team Leadership: Provide on-site leadership for the project team, fostering a collaborative and motivated work environment. Monitor and assess team performance, conduct performance reviews, and mentor team members.
- Collaboration with Engineering Team: Partner with the engineering team to define system configurations, network requirements, software specifications, graphics, programming, and sequences of operations.
- Innovation and Problem-Solving: Leverage company resources to develop innovative solutions and approaches to technical challenges encountered during project implementation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related technical software
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience, with at least three (3) in a leadership role.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience working with federal and commercial clients IT systems and integration of new software/hardware platforms.
- Experience with BACnet MS/TP, BACnet TCP/IP architecture and accordance with ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 135-2010.
- Knowledge of major building systems (e.g., HVAC)
- Experience with firmware and hardware projects in addition to software based projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical field – OR – 10 Years experience in Smart Building and Building Control Systems
- Niagara Ax or N4 certification
- Travel may be required based on client location (domestic)
- Candidate may be remote during times when onsite work is not required if candidate can arrive in the Washington DC metro within two (2) days notice.
- Background Investigation required.
- Additional background checks are subject to system access requirements.
- Must be able to lift to 35 pounds at times.
Last updated on Nov 14, 2023