Split Software is an industry-leading Feature Delivery Platform which enables companies to embrace Impact-Driven Development across their engineering teams. We pair the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature. By reducing development time, mitigating release risk, and quantifying impact, we free engineering teams to solve customer and business problems.
This position will play a key role in the growth and expansion of our customer base and market share at Split. As Sales Account Director you will be responsible for taking a lead role in identifying, qualifying, pursuing, winning and closing business opportunities within your territory. The Sales Account Director position drives results across four critical success factors: Customer and Partner Loyalty, Business Results, and Operational Excellence. This position will report to the Director of Enterprise Sales. The ideal candidate will be based in Austin, TX in a remote role. The salary will range from $280,000 to $310,000 OTE with a 50/50 split, depending on skills and experience.
We Value the Journey: Your Days at Split
We make the most of every day acting with urgency and determination.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota and bookings. Demonstrate outstanding execution track record along sales cycle, ensuring Split’s sales methodologies and common processes are in place, defining clear strategic account engagement guidelines.
- Monitor and take the necessary measures to ensure that you’ve developed an adequate pipeline of opportunities and demand generation for consistent growth within your account portfolio.
- Establish and maintain accurate, timely and documented sales revenue forecasting procedures, providing the required updates to Salesforce and Split executive management. Ensure all of these and other administrative duties are done in a timely fashion i.e. expenses-monthly, Salesforce (CRM system) updated real-time weekly at a minimum, scheduled calls attended, etc.
- Build a network of executive relationships across industry, community and business groups and with key partners and customers.
- Successfully close new business by qualifying opportunities and securing demonstrations/meetings with key decision makers.
- Manage your existing customer relationships to develop a strong reference base for Split products and services. Assist in the ongoing account management toward the goal of complete customer satisfaction. Work closely with all Split service and support teams to manage through and customer issues or concerns.
- Operate internally and externally as a good team player. Make sure you're working collaboratively at all levels and help align our goals in a positive and constructive manner.
- Continually refine your abilities around complex, consultative selling skills and work with sales management to ensure a training program is instituted as required.
We Believe in Bold: About You
Experimentation is core to our culture – let’s iterate til’ we win.
- Proven experience in managing and closing enterprise sales at a SaaS company, preferably DevOps, Observability, or a related market
- Preferred experience selling to Developers
- Ability to clearly demonstrate comfort with senior level meetings and presentations.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate at different levels within partner and end user organizations.
- Manage/follow - The Split Sales Process (MEDDPICC) in a clear and consistent manner with continual buy-in from the customer including setting and communicating agendas, creating clear expectations and the right to ask, sending thank you notes, etc.
US Pay Range
We Row Together: Our Culture and Belonging
We’re all in the same boat with mutual trust and respect.
We believe an inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our team and our customers. We constantly strive to make Split a safe and welcoming place for people from systematically marginalized communities. We’re looking for teammates that are as passionate as we are and want to join us in doing this extremely important work.
We believe face-to-face in-person communication is invaluable. We don’t believe that it is the default for everyone. We have been fully remote before, and our teams continue to grow and span across time zones and countries. The heart of our shared culture is virtual - in our lively Slack channels, our Zoom company meetings, in every photo and #highfive shared. Our offices act as important vessels for our culture, but we are so much more.
Taking care of our employees is essential to the health of our business. We strive to provide a thoughtful and comprehensive total rewards package to support our teammates' wellbeing through benefits, perks, growth opportunities and a strong company culture.
Why Should You Become a Splitter:
- Competitive salary + equity 💰
- Educational reimbursements so you can continue growing personally and professionally.
- Split’s remote-inclusive philosophy - giving Splitters the flexibility to work from home or one of our offices located in Redwood City, CA, Boston, MA, and Tandil, Argentina.
- Our offices are fully stocked with snacks
- We’ve piloted Localized Hubs Stipend for remote teams to foster cross-collaboration and team bonding within their local hubs.
- We offer temporary remote work options to give employees flexibility to work from anywhere
- We invest in your wellness 🌱:
- Company-wide wellness closures so you can take time off to recharge and be your best self.
- End-of-Year company closure
- Flexible PTO 🏝
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Volunteer Time Off in addition to company-wide volunteer events
- Great health benefits and parental leave!*
- Commuter Benefits
- Additional Perks
- Patent Incentive Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Spot Bonus Program
- In-person and virtual team events
- The values that guide our culture:
- We Put Customers at the Center
- We Row Together
- We Believe in Bold
- We Value the Journey
*Country Specific Details:
- United States
- Anthem Blue Cross and Kaiser
- Full Medical, dental, vision with HSA and FSA options
- Life Insurance, STD and LTD coverage options
- Reproductive Care Access Travel Benefits
- Additional Sequoia Wellness programs with OneMedical, Carrot and Headspace
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Fidelity 401k (Employee contribution only)
- You can choose one the following health insurance providers and plans: OSDE 310 or Swiss Medical SMG30
- Employees and dependants covered at 100%
- 90 days paid maternity leave
- 10 weeks paid paternity leave
- English Classes with a Native English Teacher
- United Kingdom
- Split pays 100% of the premium for employees and 75% for dependents
- Private Medical Insurance through BUPA
- Life Insurance through UNUM
- Benefit Level: x3 annual basic salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bereavement Support Service
- Full In-Patient treatment with comprehensive cancer cover and full out-patient
- Mental Health Cover
- Bupa Dental Level 1
- Up to 52 weeks of maternity leave (26 OML and 26 AML) - refer to the UK Split Handbook for details
- 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Split 5% pension match
- Split will comply with all leave requirements per each provincial government's guidance. Please visit your specific provincial government website for details.
- Split will ensure parents receive up to 10 weeks of parental leave
Last updated on Feb 4, 2024