TAIT is the Market Leader in designing, constructing and delivering world-class solutions for live experiences.
Whether it's creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences and events. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT's cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 900 employees in 14 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space.
TAIT's diverse group of clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque Du Soleil, The Metropolitan Opera House, NASA, National Geographic, Beyoncé and The Olympics.
We are looking for an Associate Project Manager to support our Projects PI (Permanent Installations) team to ensure that projects are managed and executed in a timely, cost-efficient and professional manner as well as demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless client service.
The Associate Project Manager role is key within the Projects team, which acts as the external face, and the internal hub for project delivery by the UK business. Typical projects are between £150,000 and £15,000,000 in value and maybe delivered anywhere around the globe.
To carry out the Associate Project Manager role effectively requires close collaboration with our clients, and assisting in the management of internal teams to ensure that all deliverables are met and that the right solution is delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist the Project Managers to help ensure projects are managed and executed in a timely, cost-efficient and professional manner.
- Assisting with bids and tenders.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless client service.
- Assist the project management team, with support from internal departments on strategic planning for the execution of projects, and to agree solutions, timeframes and budgets.
- Proactively manage project-related issues on account or assignment.
- May conduct and document project-specific meetings, prepare/update project status reports, and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Assist the project management team to verify projects have been budgeted correctly and help in follow-ups on projects.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external clients; guaranteeing certain project milestones are met and that work is being managed and progressed safely and according to plan.
- Visit sites and check progress on projects as and when required.
- May manage small projects from start to finish.
- Interact and negotiate with internal and external clients.
- Follow existing business processes and contribute to refining them.
- Previous experience in a project management role
- Experience of preparing and tracking budgets
- Understanding of technical project requirements
- Previous experience in a project setting with project scope development
- Budgeting, scheduling and contract negotiations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels
- Motivated with a good work ethic and time management
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal work hours
- Previous experience within the theatre and entertainment industry an advantage
Last updated on Jul 6, 2022