- Evaluate the reliability of systems and specialised equipment to ensure effective and efficient execution.
- Oversee the mechanical and electrical inspection of plant equipments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the MIPS schedule.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Continuously monitor the reliability of machines and processes and make recommendations as to replacing, modifying, or repairing it.
- Review engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Evaluate the failure rates and maintenance costs of equipment and processes.
- Make suggestions and implement plans to reduce equipment failure and decrease maintenance costs
- Provide input in defining asset maintenance and risk management plans.
- Define the criteria for equipment evaluation, testing, inspection and distribution of various maintenance tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Maintenance (Plant).
Education and Work Experience
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing industry
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on project management experience
- Working knowledge of engineering economics including cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to think strategically and holistically, to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good and holistic understanding of the business operations, inter-relationships and dependencies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good problem analysis and solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Last updated on Aug 28, 2021