Title: Clinical Trials Nurse Practitioner / Physician AssistantLocation: Rancho Bernardo, CADuration: 12+ Months (Possible Extension) Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Provider) delivers patient care services in a retail clinic environment. You will work in collaboration with a dedicated team of professionals as you independently provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients, who are age 18 months and above. Encounters are documented utilizing an electronic health record (EHR).
PRIMARY DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients. This includes education and treatment for pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infection (STI) Prevention and safer sex practices.
- Ability to perform Basic Life Support (BLS) assistance, including but not limited to performing CPR and operating an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Serve as a Sub-Investigator clinician for the clinical trials site, ensuring all elements of clinical trials work are completed in compliance with standard operating procedures. The Sub-Investigator is under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and is responsible for performing study–related procedures and /or to make important study-related decisions in compliance with the ethical conduct of the study.
Patient-Centered Quality and Safety
The Sub-Investigator/Co-Investigator may also perform all or some of the functions of the Principal Investigator (PI as delegated by the Principal Investigator. The sub-investigator/co-Investigator is under the supervision of the PI and is responsible for performing study–related procedures and /or to make important study-related decisions in compliance with the ethical conduct of the study. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate primary care, acute, chronically ill, and transitional care patients, in addition to providing healthcare education and counseling, and disposition planning for our patients ranging in age 18 months and above
- Provide patient counseling; inclusive of pregnancy prevention, STI Prevention/safer sex practices, contraceptive care counseling and medication management
- Perform all study responsibilities in compliance with the IRB approved protocol
- Document all findings in subject specific source documents
- Provide ongoing assessment of the study subject/patient to identify Adverse Events
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of all Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Events
- Perform physical examinations as part of screening evaluation and active study conduct
- Provide medical management of adverse events as appropriate
- Complete all study documentation in accordance with the study specific requirements
- Communicate with Sponsors and auditors as requested
- Possess a working knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines, Clinic SOPs, QA/QC procedures, and Investigator 1572 Form.
- Review Investigator's Brochure prior to performing any study related activities
- Participate in on-call activities as required to ensure adequate medical coverage
- Monitor safety and well-being of study participants at all times
- Delegate study responsibilities as appropriate to trained study staff
- Educate patients on health maintenance and respond to patient care inquiries
- Document all patient care within an EHR according to Company’s policies and procedures
- Provide care and coordination of our patients with internal and external colleagues, including the broader patient centered medical home, ensuring the highest standard of care is provided for all patients and at all times
- Effectively work within a patient care team, including fellow Providers, Collaborative Physicians, para-professionals, Pharmacists and other members of the health care team
·General study coordination activities
·Review participant’s inclusion and exclusion criteria
·Collect medical history
·Collect vitals: body temp, pulse oximetry, respirations, heart rate, etc.
·Specimen collections and diagnostic assays
·Facilitate patient surveys and questionnaires
·Liaison with the project management team the PI’s clinical research team
·Other activities in support of the conduct of the research protocol in accordance with all Federal, State, Local, and Company guidelines.
- Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for additional job duties as assigned by Primary Investigator, Clinical Trials Operational Lead, Senior Practice Manager, or Area Director.
- At the direction of your manager, you may be asked to perform duties outside of the typical day-to-day functions of the role to support various other Company’s initiatives.
- Minimum of two years of medically-relevant experience or equivalent
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Is proficient with information management and technology
- Capacity to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
- Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in additional languages not limited to but including Spanish may be required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Take and pass a FIT test with the respirators that Company provides, and to wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires.
- Prior clinical trials work experience
Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role required.
Or, in select states,
Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (or other health-related Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in conjunction with Bachelors of Science in Physician Assistant Studies) with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the role required.
Last updated on Jan 19, 2023