Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
Who You Are
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with fellow team members, customers, field engineers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You relentlessly strive to excel in your craft. You are passionate about building, observing and operating distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production and are willing to challenge the boundaries of the scale.
You consistently seek understanding and clarity. You look at every interaction as an opportunity to learn. You aren’t afraid to ask questions. You have the humility and confidence to not be the smartest person in the room.
What You Will Do
- Translate scientific data workflows into a solution leveraging the Tetra Data Platform
- Own, scope, prototype, and implement solutions ranging from:
- Programmatically interrogate proprietary instrument output file
- Data structure design using JSON schemas
- Python-based parser development
- Lab software (e.g. ELN/LIMS) integration via APIs
- Data visualization in Python (using frameworks like Jupyter Notebooks or Streamlit and plotting tools like hvplot or bokeh) and/or BI tools (like Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI)
- Interview customers to understand key scientific and business requirements
- Work with customers to test and ensure a solution fulfills their requirements and solves their need
- Real-time problem solving by quickly internalizing customer needs or feedback, synthesizing the results, and proposing solutions
- Proactively communicate implementation progress and deliver demos to customer stakeholders
- Lead sprint-planning and prioritization for your use case or account
- Facilitate internal project retrospective meetings and identify areas of improvement or productizable components
- Assist product team to build and prioritize roadmap by understanding customers’ pain points within and outside Tetra Data Platform
- >5 years leveraging Python for scripting, automation, data analysis, data engineering, and/or data science
- Ability to quickly understand a highly technical product and effectively communicate with product management and engineering
- Passionate about science and building solutions to make data more accessible to end-users
- Intellectually curious: unwavering drive to learn more every day
- Intellectually resilient: able to overcome setbacks and find alternate solutions
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail, and the confidence to take control of project delivery
- Team player and ability to "roll up your sleeves" and do what it takes to make the team successful
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD
No visa sponsorship is available for this position