Location: Tallahassee, FL (hybrid may be considered)
Duration: 06 Months plus Contract
US Citizens And Green cards Only. No Third-party C2C available for this job
Job Overview: Project Manager to supplement existing staff, manage the planning, design, development and implementation of information technology projects, contribute to strategic planning and portfolio management, support PMO operational enhancement activities, and manage solution development efforts.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with Department staff.
• Project Management Professional certification.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of IT business/industry work experience.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of project management experience.
• Experience with Agile Methodologies.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing projects in accordance with PMI's standards as presented in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
• A minimum of three (3) years developing program or project strategy, business cases, and enterprise-wide program/project plans.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing large, cross-divisional, and cross-functional software development programs/projects.
• Experience leading custom software development projects, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Power Platform development programs/projects.
• Experience leading cloud solution development programs/projects leveraging other low/no-code platforms.
• Experience communicating with IT leadership and business leadership.
• Experience facilitating requirements gathering and Joint Application Design sessions.
• Experience preparing Legislative Budget Requests (LBR), Statements of Work (SOW), and Operational Work Plans (OWP).
• Experience with State Purchasing rules, processes, and documentation.
• Experience with Information Technology purchasing processes and practices.
• Experience managing documentation in MS SharePoint.
• Experience managing projects for a state of Florida Information Technology PMO.
• Experience creating a Solution Definition Framework or ISDM.
Job Tasks to be performed:
• Prepare Program Management Plans and Project Management Plans within the timeframe specified by the Contract or Functional Manager. The Scope of Services must cover how the program will either be implemented or changed and controlled to ensure success. Submit the scope of services plan to the Department's Contract Manager for approval. The scope of services or program plan may include but not be limited to the following:
o The scope of work and services required to successfully implement a technology solution from a selected vendor.
o The staffing plan, including program member roles and responsibilities.
o The program's communication plan
o The governance process or organizational framework for the program
o The identified projects that make up the program
o The benefit measurement related to the program strategy.
o Strategic plan
o Operations guide
o Risk, Issue, Action Item, and Decision management processes
o Change Management process, including analysis of change impact to project/program scope, schedule, and cost baselines. xi. Stakeholder management
o Benefits management
o Reporting cost and schedule performance
• Review the approved Program/Project Management Plan throughout the PO term. Send any changes to the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager for review and approval prior to implementation. All changes must follow the change management plan process identified in the Project Management Plan. Update the Project Management Plan within the response time requested by the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager.
• Prepare Legislative Budget Requests (LBR), Statements of Work (SOW), Operational Work Plans (OWP), and similar documentation for assigned projects.
• Prepare the Microsoft (MS) Project schedule or equivalent schedule. Submit the MS Project schedule or an equivalent schedule to the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager for approval. At a minimum, the MS Project schedule or its equivalent must include and be completed as follows:
o Account for the non-working time of Project Team members (i.e., weekends, holidays, leave)
o Develop with collaboration from the Project Team
o Firm task durations (estimated durations should be limited)
o Task start and finish dates.
o Baseline start and finish dates.
o Task predecessors and successors
o Project planning tasks
o ISDM tasks and deliverables.
o Project close-out tasks
• Review the project schedule regularly. Send any changes or risks to the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager for review and approval prior to implementation. All changes must follow the change management plan process identified in the Project Management Plan. Maintain the Department approved project schedule(s), at a minimum, on a weekly basis and keep the Project Management Plan current.
• Populate and maintain the RAID Log(s) throughout the PO term, and various other project documentation templates. Provide a copy of the RAID Log(s) to the Department's Contract Manager upon request. At a minimum, the RAID Log(s) must:
o Use MS SharePoint list, MS Excel workbook, or equivalent format, as identified by the Contract Manager or Functional Manager, for tracking risks, issues, action items, decisions, change requests, and lessons learned.
o Contain risk tracking information which includes risk categories, a list of possible risk events, qualitative and quantitative analysis of the probability and impact of the identified risks, a response plan, and expected values of risk occurrence.
• Comply with Administrative Policies and Procedures by working directly with the Department's Contract Manager throughout the PO term.
• Prepare ISDM or SDF documentation that indicates the project complies with policies and procedures. Apprise staff on ISDM or SDF information as directed by the Department's Contract Manager.
• Oversee and manage the development and storage of project technical documentation. Ensure work performed complies with the policies, procedures, and technical standards provided by the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager, and that the technical documentation facilitates the transfer of knowledge to Department staff that is necessary to maintain the system(s).
• Work with Functional Managers to obtain and maintain resources as required by the Department's Contract Manager or Functional Manager.
• Lead the Project Team in the execution of activities by ensuring that tasks are assigned to appropriate resources and that program/project artifacts and documentation evidencing deliverables are created and maintained.
• Manage the process by which the program/project scope, budget, and schedule are revised to meet the Department's needs.
• Document and manage program/project communications, scope, schedule, and budget to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget, and meets expectations for quality.
• Evaluate, track, and report identified risks to the Department's Contract Manager. Work with the Project Team to develop and implement risk response strategies. Resolve or escalate identified issues in a timely fashion based on program or project organizational structure.
• Apprise Stakeholders of risks and issues affecting the project and provide recommended solutions when escalating risks and issues.
• Communicate relevant information to the Project Team and Stakeholders through formal and informal status reporting, including proofread documentation, use of proper grammar and consistent font styles.
• Facilitate meetings throughout the term of the PO. At a minimum, meeting responsibilities include:
o Proofread meeting documentation to ensure use of proper grammar and consistent font styles.
o Attend the meeting and communicate with attendees in a clear, concise, and constructive manner.
o Provide meeting documentation in the format designated.
o Make necessary meeting arrangements and create needed artifacts to fulfill meeting objectives.
o Create a meeting agenda and send it to attendees in advance of the meeting.
o Keep meeting notes highlighting key action items and decisions and indicating clear due dates with any next steps needed. Send copies of the meeting notes to meeting attendees within three (3) Business Days following the meeting.
o Address Project Team conflict and communication problems proactively. Mentor and coach more junior team members.
o Review required documentation evidencing the deliverable for completeness and correctness before aubmitting it to the program/project team and Stakeholders. Obtain acceptance and approval of deliverables from the program/project team and appropriate Stakeholders.
Last updated on Aug 25, 2023