hackajob is a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows companies to scale their tech teams today, whilst building their talent of tomorrow. We have an exceptionally exciting vision for our product and you'll play a key role in helping us achieve it by ensuring the products we are delivering are working as expected in order to help us ensure software product quality.
We are looking for a passionate Lead Test Automation Engineer to devise and implement an efficient testing strategy - estimation, planning and coordination - while continuously promoting QA Automation standards and practices across the team.
You’ll spend your time
- Researching in order to decide and create the framework for the automation tests.
- Guiding the squad on how to write end-to-end automated tests.
- Mentoring people from your squad.
- Working closely with the other product squads in order to ensure that the tests are kept up to date after a feature is released.
- Introducing various software testing methodologies to identify bugs as soon as possible.
Apply if you:
- have strong proficiency in one or more test automation tools.
- have experience integrating the automation tests in CI/CD pipeline.
- were a leader in a team with at least 3 other automation engineers.
- have strong communication, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have proficiency with Selenium and Cypress.
- have proficiency with Jenkins or Circle CI.
- led a team for 2+ years.
- hired other automation engineers in his/her team.
- have worked at a startup or scale-up before. You thrive on working in a startup environment, which can be full of unpredictability and change, and enjoy the challenge of helping shape and grow something, making sense of the sometimes abstract!
Don’t tick all the boxes but really excited about this role? We’d encourage you to apply with a cover letter explaining your journey, what you’ve learnt and where you’re heading. We’ll respond to every application with feedback so you’ve got nothing to lose.
We know that interview processes can be time-consuming and stressful, so we aim to:
- Let you know what to expect at each stage of the process.
- Get back to you with useful feedback as quickly as possible, after each stage.
It may be necessary to change the process from time to time but we’ll let you know if we do.
- Screening call (30mins video call - An initial screening call to discuss your fit for the role.
- Technical Test (1 hour) - A chance to meet 2 members of our team.
- VP of Engineering & VP of Product (1hr video call) - A chance to meet our VP of Engineering and VP of Product, discuss your experience in more detail and answer your questions about hackajob and the role.before
- Competitive salary and equity options 🤑
- hackajob Passport - work from anywhere in the world for 2 months/year ✈️
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays 🏝️
- An extra day off for your birthday 🎂
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year (in addition to the leave allowance)🎄
- Apple Macbook Laptop or Windows Laptop 💻
- Enhanced primary and secondary caregiver leave 🍼
- Private medical insurance 🩺
- Private dental insurance 😬
- Learning and development budget 📚
- Wellbeing budget 💜
- Work from home stipend - a one-time budget to spend on the tools to boost your productivity at home. 🪴
- Regular team events and socials 🎉
- Access to all hackajob sponsored and partnered events 🎟️
- Remote-first role — you’ll work remotely but spend some time in our offices in London (UK), Iași (Romania) and New York (USA) — a few days a month as needed 🤸