Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Taking a bunch of pills and capsules is hard on the stomach and hard to keep up with. To help each of us be at our best, we developed a better approach to providing your body with everything it needs for optimal performance. 75 vitamins, minerals, whole-food sourced superfoods, probiotics, and adaptogens in one convenient daily serving. That’s it.
Our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health. Occasionally we create new products, but we never make anything new just to sell you on more.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Scientific Communication and Education to join our growing Research, Nutrition, and Innovation team (RNI). Reporting to the Director, Product Marketing and Education, you will play a crucial role in creating and developing accurate, evidenced-based, and engaging content (talking points, presentations, etc.) as it pertains to the nutrition and science around AG’s product offerings and health philosophy. Additionally, you will serve as the liaison by facilitating and sharing this educational content to a broad health vertical of external partners, including but not limited to, healthcare practitioners, physicians, nutritionists, sports organizations, etc.
Our ideal candidate has a health and science education background as well as exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Your ability to translate complex scientific information and research into clear and accessible language as well as to facilitate the education, will be essential in delivering valuable insights to our customers, key opinion leaders, and healthcare professionals. This is a highly visible role that will collaborate closely with a broad set of cross-functional team members to shape and drive scientific education and communication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Translate and develop communication materials, such as presentations, product monographs, scientific talking points, or technical documents, that summarize scientific evidence supporting AG’s products in partnership with the research and product education team to support global education initiatives.
- Partner closely with the marketing, partnerships, and business development teams by delivering scientific educational content to external audiences.
- Create compelling and engaging content that is well-researched and evidenced-based in both short and long format taking into consideration the audience.
- Ensure that all written content is accurate, credible, substantiated and aligned with established scientific principles behind AG’s product portfolio.
- Interpret and communicate complex scientific information in a clear and understandable manner externally to health and wellness professionals without compromising scientific integrity and ensuring they are well-educated.
- Collaborate with the internal Research team to validate accuracy and authenticity of information by leveraging the team’s research, clinical studies, white papers, and other research materials.
- Build strong, meaningful relationships with key opinion leaders, researchers, and healthcare professionals in the field of nutrition and dietary supplements.
- Attend scientific conferences, symposiums, and industry events to stay connected with the scientific community and industry trends.
- Address inquiries from external comms, healthcare professionals, and regulatory agencies regarding the scientific basis of the company's products.
- Provide evidence-based answers to questions and ensure accurate and ethical communication across regions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Marketing, Legal, and Regulatory Affairs, to align scientific messaging and claims with marketing strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the communications and brand team to ensure cohesiveness in scientific story and perception in media outlets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 8 years experience with a proven track record of writing and communicating science-related content to inform and educate others. Clinical experience is a plus.
- Masters Degree required, Doctorate level preferred.
- Background in sciences including nutrition, naturopathic medicine, biology, biochemistry or any of the related fields. Additional certifications with A4M (American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine) or IFM (Institute for Functional Medicine) are a plus.
- Experience working with other scientists and experts in the field.
- Proficiency in using evidence-based databases, research tools, and citation styles
- Demonstrated experience in writing science-related work that is customer facing. Published literature is a plus.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Ability to present figures, images and graphs to convey messaging and storytelling around our products.
- Fluent with structure and function claims substantiation and regulations.
- Strong interest in reading, reviewing, and evaluating scientific literature, particularly related to nutrition, health, functional medicine, integrative medicine.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and organizational skills.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
- Access to Athletic Greens product and swag items.
AG is dedicated to providing equitable and competitive compensation & benefits packages. For this particular role, the base salary range is $110,000- $150,000 and will ultimately be decided at the offer stage, based on an individual candidate’s level of skills and experience aligned with the needs of this role. Base salary is only one component of total compensation for this position. We provide a competitive mix of base salary, performance bonus, and stock option allocation for eligible roles.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated on Aug 25, 2023