The Operations Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day workflow of loadout or returns functions at a specific distribution center or cross-dock in West Valley City, UT. This position will monitor motor carrier performance and provide feedback to motor carriers and location management. In addition to it, this position will assist Central Dispatch Team in monitoring and troubleshooting delivery issues in a proactive and/or highly responsive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing day-to-day delivery operations, including monitoring delivery activity, evaluation of motor carrier needs, and customer service in accordance with agreed quality and production standards of the client
- Ensuring timely reporting of load/returns compliance within industry fair standards and the agreed-upon communication mechanism
- Establishing goal setting and taking accountability for results
- Enforce company compliance standards
- Ensure the planning and scheduling of distribution services in executed in a timely manner
- Manage and perform activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation
- Support an environment that fosters open and positive team communication
- Build a strong rapport with our service providers and clients
- Communicate daily/shift goal of facility and group(s); device, communicate and implement plans to obtain operational goals; work with and motivate employees to ensure goal achievement; provide progress or constraint updates to management and implement corrective measures as needed
- Enforce location safety management plans
- Delegate and appoint work amount the team
- Manage a team of up to 4 direct reports (punctuality, performance PTO, discipline, coaching, etc.)
- Interview, train, select employees
- Determine the pay and the hours of work
- Make independent discretion and judgement
- Manage logistics services
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, but not required
- Two (2) years or more of experience in logistics, warehouse, or industry-related field preferred
- Two (2) years or more of problem-solving skills experience, use of formal Root Cause Countermeasure
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, along with strong follow-up, analytical, problem-solving, and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with customers, employees, peers, and management.
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, workgroups, customers, supervisors)
- Work self-directed with minimal supervision
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to multi-task and highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Intermediate computer skills
- Exposure to Lean principles, systems, and tools (beginner level)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Riverstone Logistics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Riverstone Logistics also complies with the Immigration Reform & Control Act and E-Verify, so we ask that you bring the appropriate documents to confirm your authorization to work in the United States with you upon request.
Last updated on Feb 2, 2024