SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY PROTECTIVE OPERATIONS CENTER OPERATOR - 3RD SHIFT
SpaceX is looking for experienced operators for its SpaceX Protective Operations Center (SPOC), its global 24/7 monitoring and incident response coordination center. The selected candidate will be a dedicated security professional with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced high-tech environment. As a SPOC Operator, you will coordinate day-to-day and incident response logistics, while providing support to security officers. SPOC operators will also act as a point-of-contact for matters relating to each area facility and, as such, must coordinate closely with all operational, management, and administrative sections for area office. Areas of responsibility include: event/incident monitoring, camera/security alarm monitoring, video review, dispatching, coordinating allocation of resources, and incident response management and communications.
- Investigate incidents thoroughly, coordinate information gathering with responding security personnel, and create accurate and timely incident reports
- Notifying and coordinating with onsite first responders, stake holders and local law enforcement during any incident/emergency
- Monitor, analyze, and report on daily global incidents that may impact SpaceX employees or offices, and escalate accordingly to security management, and subsequently to other key stake holders within the company
- Responsible for monitoring access control alarms, video surveillance equipment, fire alarm systems, and dispatching resources to investigate any anomalous alarms and activity with security personnel, uniformed security officers, and other departments as appropriate
- Prioritize and process all incoming security reports and requests via radio, phone, and support ticket, and track all associated shift activity accordingly
- Identify and communicate critical incidents or events according to established notification procedures including senior leadership, internal stakeholders and external partners as appropriate, and coordinate incident response logistics, provide direction and response instructions to uniformed security forces, and create accurate and timely incident reports
- Assist with video surveillance system reviews for key stake holders and internal investigations
- Ensure thorough and current understanding of security operations center roles and responsibilities, applicable SpaceX policies/procedures, contract security policies/procedures and all applicable security work instructions
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies/procedures and act to ensure all SpaceX personnel understand and comply with all applicable security work instructions
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required by Security Leadership or SpaceX management
- Active monitoring and over watch of the Hawthorne headquarters and of satellite offices and facilities
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience as a global security operations center (GSOC) operator or corporate security role; or 2+ years of law enforcement or military experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively via telephone and email and interact with all levels of employees and visitors
- Strong focus on attention to detail
- Work well in a fast-paced and multi-tasking team focused environment
- Learn, retain, and apply a variety of security related concepts, information and processes
- Understanding of security systems (access control, video surveillance, and fire systems)
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; appropriately delegate and oversee tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management
- Perform continuous follow-up on pending/open projects and tasks through completion
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience working closely with mass communication tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically data analysis and use of pivot tables using Excel
- Ability to assess, evaluate, and effectively escalate situations for proper resolution
- Active secret security clearance
- Experience with geospatial analysis software (ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth)
- Proficiency conducting open source intelligence (OSINT) research to identify threats to personnel, facilities, or information
- Superior report writing skills
- Ability to work 3rd shift: 5:00 PM - 5:00 AM
- Availability to work any schedule needed, including, but not limited to: overtime, nights, weekends and rotating schedules
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Security Protective Operations Center Operator: $26.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Last updated on Oct 25, 2023