Ensures the safe operation of an automatic vertical band saw. Cuts steel stock to correct length and measurements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets basic blueprints
- Completes daily stock inventory reports
- Orders and maintains proper inventory levels of materials
- Unload raw materials from semi-trucks and store material
- Uses hydraulic press for bending of material as appropriate
- Maintains equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times
- Performs basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State and local codes, OSHA regulations and requirements
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Operates over head crane and use of forklift
- Must pass background check and drug screening requirements
- Familiar with basic hand tools, including using proper methods for safe saw operations
- Knowledgeable in Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Mechanically inclined.
- Prioritize, schedule, and review work.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and work orders to others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Saw Operator Description
- Operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools required on the job
- Able to lift-up to 75Ibs
- Able to push and pull upwards of 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Is exposed to excessive noise
- Is around moving machinery
- Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity
- Is exposed to dust
- Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Floating holiday
- Paid time off
Last updated on Aug 8, 2023