Atomic is the venture studio that co-founds companies by pairing founders with the best ideas, teams, and resources, and funding those with the most potential. When entrepreneurs co-found with Atomic, they team up with an experienced group of operators who have started dozens of companies and created billions of dollars in enterprise value. Industry disruptors like Bungalow, Found, Hims and Hers, Homebound, OpenStore, and Replicant all started at Atomic along with dozens more. Atomic was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneur Jack Abraham and is headquartered in Miami and San Francisco with a distributed team across North America.
Our company was founded to help private businesses, both small and large, give their employees a meaningful stake in their employer’s long-term success. To that end, we're building a fintech product to increase workers' access to and participation in the value they help to generate within their companies. Our concept has seen strong market validation — we already have 6 customers totaling >$1 billion in revenue. We’re seeking a kind, motivated, Founding Product Designer to join our team and play a pivotal role in bringing V1 of our product to market.
Who You Are:
- After closing a fresh round of funding, we have an internal team of Product Managers and Engineers working on V1 of the Product and are now looking to make our first Product Design hire.
- As the Founding member of the Design team, you’ll play an instrumental part in bringing the first version of our product to market and establishing the foundation for future growth. It’s an opportunity to join a company still in its infancy and create an elegant solution that both delights end users and unlocks tremendous value for end users.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the design of the platform's MVP
- Design intuitive and efficient user interfaces, wireframes, and prototypes that address and simplify complex financial scenarios.
- Conduct user research to gather insights and feedback, and translate them into actionable design improvements.
- Utilize data-driven insights to inform design decisions, focusing on user retention, interaction, and engagement.
- Prototype and iterate on AI-powered features that transform unstructured text into structured financial data.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to define and refine the user experience.
What You’ll Bring:
- You can distill complex financial concepts into simple, intuitive and easy-to-understand visualizations
- You know what you're getting into, and the prospect of joining a 0 to 1, scrappy startup team where you’re working with lots of ambiguity excites you.
- You’re used to working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and implement an intuitive user interface that simplifies complex tasks.
- You have exceptional creativity, a data-driven mindset, and an understanding of financial workflows.
- A robust data-driven approach to design, with a history of leveraging metrics to inform design decisions.
- Curiosity-driven mindset, passionate about understanding user behavior and optimizing user experiences.
- Ability to showcase tangible improvements in prior roles through quantitative and qualitative means.
- Portfolio demonstrating your expertise in designing complex interfaces, data visualization, and user-centric solutions.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Last updated on Aug 31, 2023