We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
As a Technical Lead for BJSS you exemplify these characteristics, bringing successful outcomes for our clients, and inspiring other engineers to follow.
You will frequently be working directly with client stakeholders and other senior team members, contributing to discussions on multiple facets of your project, such as functional requirements, technical strategy, solution architecture, and delivery.
The Developers in your team will look to you for leadership, guidance, and support. You will ensure the development team functions well, with effective collaboration and high-quality output. You will lead by example and inspire them to embrace new challenges, gain new skills, and to deliver great software for the client.
Your role on a project may include some hands-on development responsibility, and you will be expected to be highly proficient working in your main tech stack, and keen to pick up other technologies as required.
- You have energy and a pragmatic, delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor and contributor.
- A collaborative environment spurs you on, and you get a kick out of delivering high-quality, fully-tested, working software, together with the team.
- You are recognised by your peers as a talented engineer, driven by your love of technology.
- You are always looking for ways to expand your knowledge and grow your own skills, and enjoy bringing others along with you as a mentor and leader.
- You are self-sufficient, self-motivated, and strive for a successful outcome.
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Excellent knowledge of Java (up to JDK 11), plus related tools and technologies and open-source libraries such as Spring, Hibernate.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of computing (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack).
- Strong Object-Oriented design skills, and experience with Java 8 functional style.
- Hands-on with tools and practices that support the DevOps approach, including source control, build pipelines, infrastructure as code, monitoring, security.
- Strong experience of Cloud computing - AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Developing and deploying microservices solutions within a serverless or container-based architecture.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Last updated on Aug 22, 2022