Renewables Operation Center (ROC) Asset Performance Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX or Oakville, ON
The ROC Asset Performance Analyst is responsible for producing periodic solar, wind, and BESS performance reports for energy asset owners per contractual requirements. They will be assigned certain portfolio or collections of reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually scheduled reports. They must prioritize and deliver reports on time according to the various contract stipulations. The role includes doing quality reviews of the reports, writing executive summaries, and highlighting any areas of underperformance that require investigation and remediation in the field. They will work closely with asset managers, ROC operators, and field service technicians to manage all issues and improvements in asset performance.
Here’s what you’ll do as a ROC Asset Performance Analyst:
- Solar PV, BESS, and some Wind turbine asset performance report development and delivery
- Manage and develop performance calculations for energy modeling, availability calculations, and performance metric summaries.
- Perform analysis using dedicated software tools (SCADA, Envision Analytics), deliver and follow up with recommendations to the asset managers and field teams
- Attend meetings to deliver results and discuss asset performance with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist operators, and field staff in finding and triaging performance issues, make recommendations to perform corrective maintenance based on calculated ROIs for the owner.
- All other duties as assigned related to maintaining and improving renewable energy asset performance
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Communication - Excellent written, verbal, telephonic and digital communication skills. Must be proficient in English.
- Attention to Detail – Perform thorough analysis and deliver accurate results when accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Technical –
Understanding of solar, BESS, and Wind energy generating systems. High degree of competency in math, and use of Microsoft Office tools, and ideally an expert user in Excel. Experience with database languages, data translation tools, and reporting software (BIRT, BI etc.) would be an asset.
Specific Skills Used in This Position:
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of Renewable Energy experience, ideally in an operations center working with utility scale generators connected to distribution and/or transmission systems in North America.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field (renewable energy, electrical engineering or technologist, computer sciences etc.)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Analytical and able to problem solve, use critical thinking skills, diplomacy and logic to make sound decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in fast-paced and changing work environments with confidence and a positive attitude
- Able to work independently or as part of a team with equal effectiveness
- Able to complete the following onboarding requirements: Background check, drug test, drivers license verification, submit a clean MVR
Here are some of the perks Spark employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting projects and customer base (industrial, commercial, institutional, renewable energy)
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities including Engineering and Electrician Apprenticeship
- Competitive Wages
- Uniforms provided
- Tools provided
- Travel options
- Excellent Benefits Package
- 401k and Employee Share Ownership Program
Who is Spark Power?
We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.