Kiavi is one of the nation’s largest private lenders to residential real estate investors (REIs). We harness the power of data & technology to offer our customers a simpler, more reliable, and faster way to access the capital they need to scale their businesses.
Formerly known as LendingHome, we’re committed to helping REIs revitalize the approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock to provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards, Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $18+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 71,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country
- Geography: 31 states + D.C. where we lend to REIs so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 400 employees with competitive benefits and perks
This position can be based remotely in any of our approved hiring regions. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them.
At this time, we are not approved to hire in the following regions for this role: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming. As well as: NYC Metro Area, Seattle Metro, Washington DC Metro, Baltimore Metro, Boston Metro, Chicago Metro, Houston Metro, Denver Metro, Portland Metro.
The Kiavi BDR Team is a vital part within Customer Experience. This team will be tasked with acquiring, onboarding, and retaining key high tier customers. The Sales Team is rooted in the same three core CX principals; Doing the Right Thing, Commitment to Excellence and Winning as a Team. Each teammate centers their work around trying to make a difference in the lives of each and every customer daily - through helping them successfully secure financing and grow their business.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Kiavi is looking for a high energy and dynamic BDR to provide pre-sales support. This role will be responsible for cultivating new relationships via outbound sales with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following. You will have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by more seasoned Kiavi sales professionals.
- Managing outbound pipeline with a combination of leads provided and self identified leads
- Educate and develop leads for Director of Strategic Accounts team through outbound prospecting via phone, email, events, webinars, and assorted campaigns
- Make 80 to 100 dials a day
- Identify and develop an in-depth understanding of each lead generation process, supporting marketing activities, prospect touch-points and the hand-off to the DSA
- Will be setting qualified appointments for DSA partners
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in finance, business administration, or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in customer service or sales
- Outbound/cold calling experience required
- Experience within mortgage/hard money/private money
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Intellectually curious and with a keen interest in real estate, real estate investment, or mortgage
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
Kiavi takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The expected annualized base pay range for this full-time role to be performed remotely is $53,000-$71,000 + 20k commission target + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Your recruiter can share more about the specific base pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the pay range listed above reflects the base salary only, and does not include the target value of bonus or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Kiavi offers free employee-only coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans. Dependents receive a heavily discounted premium, competitively placed in the 90th percentile for cost.
- Health Savings Account (HSA): For those enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), Kiavi provides an annual employer contribution to HSAs: $500 for individual coverage and $1,000 for dependents.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Immediate access to short-term and long-term disability insurance, as well as group life and AD&D insurance, with coverage at 1x annual salary.
- Remote-First Work Policy: Kiavi supports a remote-first environment, offering a one-time office setup reimbursement of up to $500 and a monthly $75 stipend for internet and phone expenses.
- Flexible Time Off: Employees are empowered to manage their own time off, with no strict limits, as long as it's approved by their manager.
- Paid Leaves: Up to 8 weeks of paid leave for medical or caregiver purposes, and 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave. Short-term disability leave is also available for birthing mothers.
- 401(k) & Company Match: A 401(k) plan managed by Fidelity, with Kiavi matching 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation or $4,000 (whichever is less). All employer contributions are immediately vested.
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees play a critical role in making our business great. Many roles are eligible for stock option grants.
Kiavi in the News:
If you'd like to see more about what Kiavi has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit our careers page.
Last updated on Feb 8, 2024