The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation tools to build, deploy, operate and monitor Trailstone's internally developed software. This role will work directly with the Software Engineering Team, Quant Analytics Team, AI Labs and Meteorology in the design and development of build systems, automation and processes. The position works with the existing platform, code management and deployment tools as well as developing new systems to develop, test and deploy solutions, as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev, test and production environments.
- Work with Software Development, Quantitative Analysts and other team members to ensure efficacy, compatibility and performance across the application stack.
- Design, build and maintain the development, test and production environments using distributed technologies in AWS and VMWare environments.
- Assist with implementing containerized applications, maintain container repository and cluster management tools.
- Support migrations of on-premise applications and source control to a hybrid-cloud environment.
- Implement and manage AWS cloud infrastructure, including application availability and performance monitoring.
- Assist the Application Support team to define and maintain security and operational policies and procedures for cloud applications.
- Develop continuous delivery strategy and make recommendations for improvements to existing application architecture.
- 5+ Years of overall technology experience.
- Experience with design and implementation of new CI/CDtools and processes required.
- Expertise in AWS, Linux and Containers with minimum 3 years of hands-on experience.
- Experience with major DB platforms SQL Server, Mongo DB, MySQL, Amazon Aurora.
- Experience with design and Administration of Highly Available Systems in AWS or on-premise.
- Strong scripting skills in python, bash.
- Git source control management and access controls.
- AWS Infrastructure management including VPCs, ECS/Fargate, EC2 and S3.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
- Experience with the infrastructure-as-code paradigm.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with CI/CD in a hybrid Cloud Environment.
- Familiarity with Finance or FinTech Industry.
- Familiarity with SDLC in a PCI, SOC, or NIST compliant environment.