At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you'll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
Kpler is looking for an Analyst to join our global Dry Data Operations Team based in New York OR East Coast. The role will involve ensuring a high level of data quality through collection, processing and analysis of Dry Bulk data (Grains/Oilseeds/Iron Ore/Coal/Ags/Minor Bulks). You will track specific trends occurring in the Dry Bulk market and regularly liaise with both internal and external stakeholders about Dry Bulk flows. In addition, you will also be working on various projects to suggest and help develop new features that will improve Kpler’s data quality. Your day-to-day work will include collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams.
• Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of global Dry seaborne flows
• Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc requests from clients (emails, chats, video calls and in person meetings) and assist the sales and customer success teams in meeting clients’ data needs
• Perform specific analysis to continuously evaluate and improve our product and data quality
• Closely collaborate with the engineering and product teams to propose improvements to our data processing (business rules and algorithms)
• Monitor market news and developments, extract meaningful patterns and detect new trends
You could be a good fit if...
• You have 2 - 5 years of experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets (advanced Excel and SQL skills and Python knowledge would be a plus )
• You have experience as a Grains/Oilseeds OR Coal/Iron Ore focused Analyst, as Shipping or Trading Operator, or other dry bulk product related background
• You have strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to details
• You have excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
• You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• You show willingness to learn, are a team player, quick learner, and able to work within short deadlines across multiple tasks
• You have the ability to work and communicate in an international cross-cultural environment
What you will receive from Kpler:
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits
including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 10 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore, Greece, Germany and Cyprus!), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• You will receive a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
1) Recruiter Screen: 30/45 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
2) Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Hiring Managers
3) Take home exercise
4) Exercise Debrief: 1 hour debrief to review the completed exercise with 2 Hiring Managers
We're a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you're driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you've found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated on Jul 24, 2023