Client: EMC Insurance
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Visa: USC or GCRate: Please Provide Best Rate C2C and Salary
Update on Scrum Master role. Candidates should have EDM experience.
This position will support EDM Program. So someone with Data Management background will be very successful in this role. Overall the SM will be coaching and mentoring 3 core teams under EDM. They will have to mentor the junior Scrum Masters and collaborate with Technical Product Owners on the EDM program. Emphasis must be given not only to outcomes but also to team maturity with Agile adoption. They will need to navigate dependencies and complex delivery challenges through inter-team collaboration within EDM and also with other key stakeholders of EDM such as Core Connect Program to ensure that the team goals are met.
Not looking for a traditional PM to fill in this role, so emphasis needs to be given to the Scrum experience and iterative and incremental delivery. Someone with Product and Service based Delivery experience will do well with this role. While SAFe certification is not an automatic disqualification, we are not a SAFe shop.Need an experienced Scrum Master with experience in the below:
Here are the things in play:
- They'll want a very senior highly experienced (5+ yrs as a scrum master) person
- They are pretty mature with Agile practices, more so than most of our insurance clients
- They are implementing the entire GuideWire suite (claims, billing, policy) in the AWS cloud
- They are doing a wholesale migration of data and systems (as much as is possible) to AWS including most all databases – these will be migrated to both EC2 and Aurora
- They are implementing real time data reporting from AWS
- They will be modernizing around 40 existing business applications from Client MF Mapper to .NET housed in AWS where possible
- Facilitates Agile events for multiple product and service teams and large enterprise wide initiatives, including Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Team Retrospective, Sprint/Service Review, and Backlog Refinement/Estimation.
- Guides teams to successfully build and deliver high value products incrementally. Serves the Product Owner by partnering on the Product Roadmap, providing techniques to effectively build and manage Product Backlog and develop a release strategy that maximizes the value being delivered.
- Facilitates story-mapping, dependency mapping and solutions discussions. Supports framework and tool "best practices” that align with Agile Center of Excellence established standards.
- Provides and develops meaningful metrics, including Velocity and Sprint Burndown, Lead time, Cycle time and Throughput to drive continuous improvement and to support forecasting and planning.
- Helps the team remove impediments and bottlenecks that interrupt the flow of service. Protects the team from outside influences and distractions.
- Navigates dependencies and complex delivery challenges through inter-team collaboration to ensure that the team goals are met.
- Utilizes and enables advanced techniques for facilitation, collaboration, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Mentors team members and stakeholders on various Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Supports other Scrum Masters on the team in their development through mentorship.
- Motivates and maintains momentum and drives the outcomes to successful, smooth, on-time completion.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 10 years of experience in IT Product or Project delivery, including at least four years as a Scrum Master
- Background in managing EDM initiatives preferred
- Prior experience working on multiple teams and maturing their agile/scrum adoption
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) or equivalent certification preferred
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES|
- Advanced understanding of Agile principles, values and mindset
- Exceptional knowledge of Scrum framework; knowledge of additional frameworks a plus (Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Strong facilitation and organizational skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology practices related to SDLC, IT shared services, QA, DevOps
- Exceptional interpersonal and servant leadership qualities and skills
- Excellent ability to remove impediments, resolve conflict, motivate team members and communicate effectively
- Thorough ability to assess and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable, comfortable, and productive
- Excellent ability to define and implement metrics to help product teams measure success and identify problems
- Excellent knowledge of collaboration tools, such as Jira and Confluence preferred