Airband, a well-established innovative family-established Internet Service Provider is expanding! We have secured several multi-million projects and are continuing to acquire more. We are looking for a permanent Quantity Surveyor to support the implementation of our new high profile expansion projects throughout Devon.
You will have responsibility for all aspects of quantity surveying on contracts within your region, providing support to the Project Managers on all commercial aspects of the projects. Strong communication skills are essential and previous experience within the fibre or utility industry would be advantageous, as would experience of engaging with small to medium sized contractors.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing commercial support to Project Managers
- Providing commercial support regarding the compilation and assessment of Early Warnings and Compensation Events
- Preparing and reviewing all contract communications, notifications and replies in line with contract timescales
- Co-ordinating (and sometimes taking part in) site measures to inform application for payment valuations
- Assessing and mitigating contractual risks
- Providing procurement support to the PMs
- Monitoring project budgets
- Producing weekly & monthly reports
Skills, experience & knowledge required:
- Experience working on utility projects within the UK
- A good working knowledge of NEC contracts
- Experience compiling and assessing Compensation Events & Early Warnings
- Experience assessing applications for payment
- Experience of working with CEMAR
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Presentation and report writing skills
- The ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with your contractors
- RICS Associate or RICS Chartered
- HND/BSc Quantity Surveying
The job will be based in our offices in Exeter, with the flexibility of also working from home several days a week but the candidate will be required to travel throughout Devon region where needed.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Car Allowance
- Hybrid Working
- Christmas & Summer Social Events
- Airshare (employee discount platform) - save up to £1,000 a year
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing after 2 years’ service an extra day each year worked (up to 30)
- 5% Airband pension plus minimum 3% employee contribution
- Health & Dental Schemes
- Death in service
- Lots of opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Airband’s exciting journey
If you meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you.