Canary Technologies is a fast-growing enterprise hospitality technology company that provides hotels with innovative solutions to drive efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Our core solutions get rid of antiquated technology in hotels. With backing from some of the top investors in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator, Canary Technologies is trusted by thousands worldwide and serves some of the world’s largest and most iconic hotel brands.
About YouYou are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited to get cross-functional experience in a high-growth startup. You enjoy communicating with customers and practice active listening in all interactions. You are an adept problem solver with previous experience in technical customer support. You are comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously on new challenges as the company grows.
About the role:This role is an integral part of the Customer Support team and is responsible for troubleshooting and solving basic support issues. As a Customer Support Advocate, you will be the first point of contact for customers seeking assistance. Your role will involve providing prompt and effective solutions, ensuring customer satisfaction, and laying the foundation for a positive support experience.
- Initial Troubleshooting: Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email and chat. Conduct initial troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical issues and answer product questions.
- Customer Interaction: Interact with customers professionally, patiently, and empathetically, actively listening to their concerns and providing clear and concise instructions and solutions.
- Escalation: Escalate complex issues to team leads or appropriate internal teams while ensuring all necessary information is relayed for a smooth transition and resolution.
- Resource Utilization: Utilize the internal knowledge base and resources to provide accurate information and solutions to commonly occurring issues or questions. Provide feedback when resources are outdated or lacking key info.
- Proactive Communication: Keep customers informed about the progress of their tickets, expected resolution times, and any potential delays, ensuring transparent and proactive communication.
- Customer Education: Educate customers on basic product functionality, features, and best practices to help them make the most of their Canary products.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with team members and cross-functional partners to share insights and feedback. Contribute to the continuous improvement of support processes and customer satisfaction.
- Performance Metrics: Meet or exceed established performance metrics, including response and ticket resolution times.
- Previous experience in a customer service or technical support role. Experience in a B2B or SaaS company preferred.
- A customer-focused attitude with a genuine desire to help customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in a simple and understandable manner to non-technical customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to finding solutions to technical issues.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment and learn from others.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
We also work hard to ensure Canary is a fun and exciting place to work. How do we do this?
First, we've added Canary Days to the calendar as company holidays to ensure that the team has one long weekend each month.
Second, we have a list clubs and perks listed below that create space for us to hang out:
Self Improvement Club: We meet each month and share our personal goals for the month. We are able to expense $75 towards any purchases that helped us achieve these goals.
Fireside Chat: We meet each month to discuss a wide range of issues. This group was started focused on women's issues and has expanded in scope over the last several months.
$50 to stay at any hotel that uses Canary Check-in
Book a trip at one of the hotels that has Canary Checkin, stay there, leave a review on TripAdvisor/Google and get a $50 reimbursement!
$500 travel reimbursement: We offer you the chance to visit our offices in New York, San Francisco or Dallas by providing a travel stipend. Spend at least three days working with the team in either hub, and use the rest of your time exploring a new city!
Last updated on Jul 13, 2021