The Cloud Capability is the think-tank and engine of Credera’s cloud expertise. We’re experts in all things cloud, ranging from cloud-native application architecture to cloud migrations and advisory. We leverage cloud-native technologies in AWS, Azure, and GCP to create solutions for our clients. Within the Cloud Capability, you may work in the following areas: cloud native development, cloud platform engineering, cloud data ingestion, cloud migration & adoption or cloud strategy.
As a Cloud Architect, you will lead project-based teams while serving in a client facing role. You will act as the primary architect and technical lead on projects to scope and estimate work streams, architect and model technical solutions to meet business requirements, and serve as a technical expert in client communications.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience delivering cloud enterprise solutions across multiple domains in industry or technology consulting.
- You have experience leading a team(s) that develops complex, high-volume, mission critical enterprise solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of cloud solution architecture in one or more major cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You have technical knowledge and experience in many of these areas:
- Cloud Native Tooling
- AWS: Lambda, Aurora, EC2, Fargate, S3, etc.
- Azure: Functions, Queue Storage, Cosmos DB, App Services, etc.
- GCP: Compute Engine, GKE, Cloud Functions, etc
- Cloud Platform Engineering
- Terraform, Cloud Formation,, Azure DevOps, Github Actions, etc.
- Cloud Data Engineering
- AWS: Athena, Glue, Redshift, etc.
- Azure: Blob Storage, Data Lake Analytics, etc.
- GCP: BigQuery, Looker, Cloud Storage, etc.
- Cloud Security Engineering
- AWS: Cognito, IAM, Guard Duty, Security Hub, etc
- Azure: AD, Advanced Threat Protection, etc.
- GCP: Chronicle Virus Total, Cloud Monitoring, etc.
- Cloud FinOps
- CloudHealth, Cloudability, Billing
- Cloud Migration Advisor
- AWS: DMS, Snow cone/ball/mobile, etc.
- Azure: Database Migration Services, etc.
- GCP: Migrate for Anthos and GKE, Ramp, Data Transfer Services
- You have a passion for technology and keep yourself up to date on the latest application and cloud development trends across all disciplines.
- You are accomplished at mentoring, leading, and developing others.
- You have effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with customers about their business, technology.
- You can handle complex organizational dynamics to deliver solutions to a client’s satisfaction.
WHO WE ARE:
- Credera is a full-service management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm, with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders
- Credera has received a number of state and national awards! Please check out our employer awards at: https://www.credera.com/awards-and-recognition
- Technology Solutions is Credera’s largest practice and focuses on Security and Privacy, Software Engineering, Data Science and Engineering, Cloud, Mobile and Modern Workplace.
- Our cloud capability focuses on these five areas as a whole, and allows you to specialize in certain areas, including
- Cloud Native Development – We re-architect legacy and build greenfield applications natively on the cloud. We leverage cloud-native services (IAAS, PAAS, and FAAS) in our architectures to achieve superior results.
- Cloud Platform Engineering – We build landing zones and account structures. We leverage IAC tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform to provision cloud infrastructure in an automated and repeatable fashion. We provision users, monitor budget and cost, automate security/compliance checks, and perform Well- Architected Reviews to ensure best practices are followed.
- Cloud Data Ingestion – We ingest data into the cloud from global sources in a fast and cost-efficient manner. Working with Data Engineers, we support architectures which transform the data by leveraging cloud native services such as AWS S3 and Athena.
- Cloud Migration & Adoption- We advise clients on how to efficiently move workloads to the cloud (MRA/MRP), platform workload discovery and bundling and guide clients around common adoption hurdles.
- Cloud Strategy – We advise on how cloud may impact all areas of the business, from App Dev to Operations to Talent Acquisition. We advise and train our clients to work in a cloud-first environment, helping establish a Cloud COE at the client and recommend organization best-practices to leverage the cloud at scale.
HOW WE WORK:
- We work in small (typically 3-8 person) project teams that collaborate closely with clients to solve their toughest challenges
- Our teams are cross-functional – we bring our Cloud experts together with management consulting, experience design, software engineering, privacy and security, and other competencies to deliver robust, high-impact business and technology initiatives
- We typically work within Agile delivery teams, and own the project from start to finish for the client
- We adhere to Credera’s core values of integrity, excellence, professionalism, and humility at all times
Hybrid Work Model:
Our employees have the flexibility to work remotely two days per week. We expect our Crederians to average 3 days (full or partial) per week in person with the flexibility to choose the days and times that work best for both them and their project or internal teams. This could be at a Credera office, at a client site, or at an off-site location with other team members. You’ll work closely with your project team to align on how you balance both the flexibility that we want to provide with the connection of being together to produce amazing results for our clients.
The why: We are passionate about growing our people both personally and professionally. Our philosophy is that in-person engagement is critical for our ability to develop deep relationships with our clients and our team members – it’s how we earn trust, learn from others, and ultimately become better consultants and professionals.
Travel: Our goal is to keep out-of-market travel to a minimum and most projects do not require significant travel. While certain projects can require frequent travel (up to 80% for a period of time), our average travel percentage over a year for team members is typically between 10-30%. We try to take a personal approach to travel. You will submit your travel preferences which our staffing teams will take into account when aligning you to a role.
Check out Credera’s Glassdoor reviews to read what our employees have to say!
Credera is a global boutique consulting firm specializing in management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions, with offices in Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Seattle, and New York. We work with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders. We provide expert, objective advice to help solve complex business and technology challenges. Our deep capabilities in strategy, organization, process, analytics, technology, and user experience help our clients improve their performance. Clients depend on our ability to anticipate, recognize, and address their specific needs. Credera’s consultants work with some of the world’s best-known brands in a variety of industries, including one of the top five fast food chains, leading energy organizations, retailers, and airlines. More information is available at www.credera.com. We are part of the OPMG Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
Along with a great company culture, we provide an outstanding compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan (e.g., medical, dental, disability, matching 401k, PTO, etc.). This position is an exempt position.
Credera will never ask for money up front and will not use apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or Google Hangouts for communicating with you. You should be very wary of, and carefully scrutinize, any job opportunity that asks for money prior to starting and/or where all communications take place exclusively via chat.
Last updated on Sep 21, 2023