Senior Platform Engineer w/Kubernetes - PaaS Team
LOCATION- (Poland- open to remote within Poland)...MUST be located in Poland to be considered.
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a high impact team that builds the foundations upon which Sumo Logic runs.
Providing the core capabilities for developers to deploy and operate their micro-services, the PaaS team is responsible for cloud infrastructure lifecycle (compute, networking, and storage), continuous delivery patterns for workload deployment and management in both Kubernetes and virtual machines, and cross cutting concerns such as monitoring and alerting.
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SRE, Security, Data Scientist and Development teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of TB daily across many geographic regions.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop, maintain, and improve cloud native software delivery capabilities
- Leverage Kubernetes and Container Management tools
- Solve a variety of technical needs & issues including: automation/self-service, security concerns around identity & access, data protection, CI/CD security, high availability, monitoring, scalability, self-healing, and effective cost postures
- Develop Infra as Code for platform capabilities and services for the entire Lifecycle of applications and infrastructure
- Operate as a valued contributor of specific team tracks
- Plan, execute and release features and future capability
- Lead and drive technology innovation by scouting the market for new technologies and tools
- Quickly prototype to ensure that the platform is constantly evolving in its capability
Your experience and skills include:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Ability to code proficiently in at least one programming language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python, Go, etc.)
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., Python / BASH) to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with open source projects such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- Experience with microservice orchestration technology such as Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos/Marathon, Openshift, etc.
- Proven ability to run large scale multi-tenant production services
- Demonstrable knowledge of containerization technology
- Mastery of traditional or cloud computing including Networking, Compute, Storage, Development, Data, Operations, or Security
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Infra as Code concepts and tooling
- Experience with modern build and deployment methodology and tooling
- Strong experience with design, planning, and documentation best practices
- Demonstrated implementation of high-availability concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary - employment contract (65% authorship costs).
- Strong engineering teams.
- Private Healthcare for you and your family/partner.
- Life & Medical insurance.
- Sports card.
- You can work 100% remotely, from the office or in a hybrid model.
- Free lunch when you work from the office.
- Flexible hours.
- WFH budget.
- Hackathon weeks.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
Sumo Logic, Inc. empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications through its Sumo Logic SaaS Analytics Log Platform, which helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers worldwide rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Last updated on Oct 17, 2023