Who We Are
Goodway Group is AdAge's 2023's BEST PLACE TO WORK! As an independent and remote-first media and marketing services firm with a 90+ year history, Goodway Group has the security of an established company combined with a start-up feel. With leading data-driven and technology-enabled digital media and marketing services firm with teams in the U.S. and the UK, our diverse team of digital strategists, media practitioners, technologists and data scientists have won the most prestigious awards for innovative marketing technology, impactful work and inclusive remote-first places to work including being honored as a multiyear winner in Ad Age Best Places to Work, Ad Exchanger's Best Use of Technology by an Agency Award and two MarTech Breakthrough Awards and a certified service partner to The Trade Desk.
As the Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for actively seeking opportunities to increase Goodway’s market share through the development of both client direct and long-term strategic agency partnerships. You’ll move the needle through prospecting and selling with a consultative mindset and developing relationships with key decision-makers to drive significant revenue growth. The list of job duties below is not exhaustive; we might need your amazing skill set for other tasks, projects, and initiatives.
- Drive revenue growth for Goodway Group by developing client direct and strategic agency partnerships.
- Consult with clients to understand their business objectives and marketing challenges, offering insights and solutions in data strategy, business analytics, media execution, and personalization.
- Develop and implement a business plan for prospecting and margin attainment, focusing on net new engagements.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of new business prospects in Salesforce, negotiating and closing strategic, profitable partnerships.
- Lead discussions on data strategy, business analytics, marketing technology platforms, and media execution.
- Utilize Goodway Group's suite of services to compete for and win business.
- Independently manage new client engagements from initial outreach to proposal, collaborating with internal stakeholders as needed.
- Foster internal partnerships across all functions and levels to deliver compelling pitches that address clients' core business issues.
- Collaborate with finance on pricing conversations and contract negotiation, ensuring alignment with company guidelines.
- Stay informed about legal requirements associated with client engagements.
- Stay updated on changes in clients’ industries and advocate for client needs within internal teams.
- Develop a network of strategic relationships within the marketing leadership ecosystem to extend Goodway Group's reach and impact.
- Transition client relationships to the Client Services team, serving as an executive advisor and maintaining Goodway's position as a preferred partner.
- Establish oneself as a knowledge and thought leader in the industry, representing Goodway Group at key industry events.
- Insight-driven thought leader with the ability to understand client’s business objectives and uncover marketing challenges.
- Consultative approach to building new business relationships.
- Demonstrates business and market acumen, staying informed about macroeconomic trends and industry insights.
- Proficient in digital Adtech and Martech landscapes.
- Credible and trustworthy with a network of deep client relationships.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Polished communicator and expert storyteller.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of pricing models and legal contracts.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders.
Check us out at www.goodwaygroup.com to learn more!
If you identify as a female candidate, and feel you can do this role even if there are a few things perhaps you've not done, please apply anyway! Goodway Group is 70% Female! We realize that men tend to apply for jobs when they can meet around 60% of the requirements for the role, where women tend to only apply when they know they meet 100% of the requirements.
Goodway Group is human-first, constantly working to become more inclusive and to make sure our employee population reflects our desire to constantly add to our diversity in all ways. We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. #usremote
Last updated on Feb 9, 2024