Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
Wanderu is looking for a full time Design Lead that is passionate about solving complicated UX and UI problems to join our team that is fully remote. You’ll have a chance to work on projects ranging from digital product design and UX / UI to designing brand and marketing materials including infographics, illustrations and even ad campaigns. If you’re local to Boston, you’ve seen those ads on the T. Must be willing and able to be an individual contributor and eventually build up and manage a design team. You’ll be an integral part of the team and have the ability to drive product and brand design vision throughout the organization and have the chance to interface with interesting and fun people in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
* You have experience doing both UI/UX/Product design as well as graphic design and are willing to do a mix of both.
* Ability to understand complicated product features as well as tech and business limitations and requirements to translate these into design specifications.
* Pixel perfect attention to detail and a passion for understanding and defining edge cases and unforeseen effects..
* You care deeply about the user and spend time doing user research and using data to make design decisions.
* You understand that design is a problem-solving tool, you are eager to contribute to the process of building new products.
* You take pride in achieving simplicity in your work.
* You possess a strong curiosity and are constantly investing in learning and teaching others.
* You do whatever it takes to get things done, there is no job too small or too big.
* You always keep the end-user in mind when designing a solution.
* You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
* You have a collaborative working style, focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
* You’re a team player and love brainstorming with other team members to ensure the success of any given project within design and across teams.
* You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
* You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
* You are data driven and use analytics tools to drive your decision.
* You are excited to grow the design team and teach non-design team members about design and usability.
* Collaborate with the Product, Marketing and Tech teams to design work that reflects a consistent visual language to enhance Wanderu’s brand identity.
* Conduct user research to drive decision making for designs that coincide with user's needs.
* Conceptualize and execute designs for our digital products (e-commerce website, iOS & Android apps, blog).
* Work on cross-platform marketing campaigns to promote the Wanderu brand.
* 4+ years of design experience
* Strong layout design and typography skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
* Experience with consumer facing product and brand
* Understanding of UX principles and human-centered design
* Understanding of responsive web design
* Experience doing user testing and user research
* Experience working on consumer facing large scale products
* Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on user-centered solutions
* Comprehensive knowledge of Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. After Effects and InDesign are a plus).
* Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* HTML/CSS Proficiency
* Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field
* Passion for travel is definitely a plus.
Last updated on Jun 22, 2022
30+ days ago
30+ days ago
30+ days ago
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania·
30+ days ago