ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to continuous improvement & development projects
- Provides design for manufacturing/CNC process input for quote completion.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, creating programming geometry and tool paths using GGI's available programming systems, and developing/specifying all support fixtures, tooling and gages required.
- Create and maintain documentation in accordance with Configuration Control SOP: Customer tech data, Travelers, Work instructions, Check sheets, CMM programs, CNC files and programs, Setup sheets, Setup part designs, Deburr plans, Plating plans, Fixture designs, Tool designs, Gage designs.
- Set-Up and run new programs and run parts through the manufacturing process to find and correct any errors or process inefficiencies before handing over to production personnel for operation.
- Work with Quality and other Engineering team members to determine inspection requirements and measurement methods.
- Communicate with Program Managers to clearly understand customer expectations.
- Select appropriate cutting tools including standard purchased tools and custom cutting tools, and provide purchasing the information required to procure and adequately stock the tools.
- Choose part holding methods, design and build required fixtures, ensuring the designs are assigned a part number, properly documented, approved, and released.
- Train operators to run parts: loading and unloading, measuring, offset instructions, deburring, use of Check Sheets and Travelers, and any other required documentation and/or procedures.
- Monitors and improves manufacturing process capability and productivity.
- Responds to corrective action requests, as needed.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma plus at least 5 years in the precision metal parts industry Experience in CNC machine set-up and operation
- Experience with fixturing and gauges design for machine tool applications and processes
- Knowledgeable of tool selection, G and M codes Reading and interpreting drawings
- Proficient measuring precision metal parts using various measurement devices
- Strong math skills
- Hands-on problem solving
- Creative thinking in machining processes
- Experience with CAM Software such as Mastercam, Surfcam or Esprit Proficiency with MS Office Software
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Familiarity with MIL-Specs
- Quality Systems (i.e. ISO9000, ISO13485, AS9100)
- Six-sigma methodology implementation in the manufacturing industry Lean manufacturing concepts and applications
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work will be conducted in both an office and factory environment. Must be able to stand at a machine for a full shift and must be able to lift and move and secure tooling for the machines as required.
Last updated on Oct 17, 2023