- Design and implement a comprehensive Community Development Strategy through:
- Defining and executing comprehensive Social Management Systems in line with Group Performance Standards.
- Supporting and participating in the execution of technical social studies/ surveys such.
- Coordinating the development of a fit-for-purpose Community Development Plan (CDP) which is premised on addressing identified community needs.
- Developing and executing budgets for community programs and robust community engagement
- Defining and implementing work plans for CDP implementation and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinating the activities of all NGOs, CBOs and local institutions in implementing the CDP.
2. Community Engagement:
- Build and maintain relationships with Nascon stakeholders, local authorities in host communities and represent organization in all community related engagements. Support local networking with active individuals and community groups.
- Lead and organize all stakeholder engagement activities (i.e. community sensitizations, town hall meetings, project disclosure meetings, CDP validation meetings, Feedback Interactive Sessions etc.)
3. Grievance Management:
Design and implement a robust Grievance Management Process (GMP) in line with relevant DIL Group Standard.
Regularly update and keep a comprehensive grievance register.
4. Resource Mobilization/Mentoring:
- Support Local Institutions in advocating to relevant government agencies, stakeholders and to other CBOs for implementation of community initiatives.
5. Capacity Building:
- Build internal capacity on Social Performance thorough regularly scheduled training and workshops.
6. Build capacity of community institutions through training and workshops.
7. HSSE Compliance:
- Drive, enforce and monitor compliance to all relevant Group Management Standards and Policies.
- Coordinate and submit all reports as defined by relevant Group Social Standards and Policies.
- Report on key Social Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to Group HSSE on a monthly basis.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree in Sociology, Community or Rural Development, Political Science, Humanities or related fields. A Master’s degree in related field would be an advantage but not compulsory.
- At least five years working experience in similar role in a NGO or CBO.
- In-depth historical knowledge of community related issues with proven Conflict Resolution skills.
- Knowledge in gender issues and working with vulnerable groups will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak local language and fluency in English is essential.
- Possesses problem solving, communication, good planning, reporting, organizational and persuasive skills
- Proactive personality with ability to work independently and manage Knowledge and Information
- Project Management Skills and ability to deliver training programs.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, computer, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An effective team player with a flexible and positive approach
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Last updated on Sep 11, 2023