Edelman Japan is seeking an Account Executive to join our growing Healthcare Sector.
Edelman’s Health Sector provides a wide array of communications services to a diversified portfolio of healthcare clients including major pharmaceutical companies and major device companies. By employing innovative and thoughtful strategies, the Healthcare Sector develops integrated corporate reputation, patient advocacy, disease education campaigns and research projects that help our clients enhance their impact to key stakeholders, such as healthcare professionals and patients and their families.
The Account Executive will have the ability to learn and deploy a wide variety of communications skills to a very important industry sector, Healthcare, which is of fundamental importance to individuals, governments and society at large. Furthermore, employees will hone their communication skills alongside colleagues who have deep expertise at the intersection of healthcare and communications.
Lists (For requirements, responsibilities, etc.)
- Contribute to creation of communications plans and materials that meet client’s business objectives
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Build relationship with clients and colleague at all levels
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content often under tight timelines and with competing priorities
- Coordinate client touchpoints, helping to set the agenda and provide action-oriented recaps
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans and target database, and owning media monitoring needs to identify and draft flags of relevant news
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Possess a solid understanding of the current healthcare landscape and topical issues
- Supervise staff junior to you by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Account Executive should have a bachelor’s degree – preferably in a relevant field, such as Communications, biology or social science – and a solid grasp of basic public relations tools and how they are used as well as excellent research, writing and editing skills. The candidate should have great interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with clients, media and business partners. The candidate must be able to apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital media relations strategies.
- The Account Executive candidate with relevant experience in public relations or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing, as well as in the healthcare field, will be preferrable.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Last updated on Sep 28, 2023