About Restaurant Brands International:
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and ~30,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – BURGER KING®, TIM HORTONS®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees, and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI is improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
The Construction Manager is responsible for supporting planned restaurant openings and remodels each year for Tim Hortons in the United States. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring the progress of projects from start to finish—providing professional advice; guiding the vendors; managing schedule, cost, and quality of projects; and reporting status of sites in progress to internal partners. The Construction Manager will work both directly and indirectly with multiple other functions inside and outside of the development team, including field teams; real estate; operations; technology; and finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of construction and development activities for new restaurant development and remodeling projects, working closely with Franchisees, General Contractors, and suppliers.
- Coordinates overall new restaurant development and remodels with Field, Real Estate Managers, and Development Managers; establishes positive relationships and ongoing communication with them.
- Ensures projects adhere to all regional and/or national construction and operational standards and objectives.
- Provide guidance and track all phases of construction project management including due diligence, schedule and budget development, planning and design, FF&E procurement and restaurant move coordination; adheres to approved project budgets and schedules.
- Serves as the Tim Hortons liaison with all Tim Hortons’ departments and outside contractors/equipment suppliers/consultants/landlords/governing authorities; coordinates toward common goals while making critical decisions in a professional manner.
- Works with the Tim Hortons design team on design of restaurant plans and acts as company liaison to Franchisees, General Contractors, vendors, and the construction community.
- Helps manage the regional equipment buyers and equipment buying process; ensures the timely purchase of all restaurant fixtures and equipment as designated by Operations and Design; coordinates all deliveries and installations.
- Performs on-site inspections of new restaurant sites and buildings to ensure usability and compliance with design and construction exhibits; ensures quality workmanship per Tim Hortons plans/specifications.
- Supervises and performs all aspects of construction administration including reviewing contracts, change orders, project schedules, and project closeout documentation.
- Acts as support and point person for restaurants in construction process and promotes safety at construction sites.
- Completes Construction in Progress meetings to evaluate construction progress in relationship to the established schedule. Documents site visits and distributes to responsible parties.
- Obtains project costs information from Franchisees after the contractor has completed their costs recaps for the established template.
- Evaluates existing and potential consultants and contractors in Business Partner Network.
- Provides all necessary reporting and analysis to track franchise construction performance.
- Works closely with existing Franchisees with Scopes of Work on conversions or remodeling of existing Tim Hortons restaurants.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Construction Management, Architecture, or equivalent construction experience.
- 5+ years relevant construction experience; QSR or Casual Dining Restaurant experience preferred.
- Experience preparing construction budgets and tracking to actual costs.
- Familiar with restaurant equipment package, planning, and operations.
- Proficient in computer estimating, scheduling, and database applications.
- Proficient understanding of restaurant food operations and franchise-based systems
- Works collaboratively as a great teammate internally and with franchisees, their teams, GCs and relevant vendors
- Willingness to travel throughout the region with flexibility to work different hours, including early morning and evening.
- Ability to effectively organize and handle multiple projects under pressure simultaneously.
- Exceptional human relationship skills; exhibits tact in handling challenging situations and conversations.
- Ability to work with design consultants to facilitate development and construction drawings in an effective and timely manner.
- Well organized and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Strong demonstrable leadership and management skills.
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Teams.
- Candor, high integrity, personal ownership & accountability and a passion for the success of the brand and the team
- Travel required approximately 60%.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Last updated on Sep 20, 2023