Join us on our journey to transform pet care and improve the health and happiness of pets, pet parents, and veterinary caregivers. Our goal is lofty and requires confident, friendly, resilient professionals dedicated to making a difference in all the lives they touch each and every day.
We are very pleased to offer a new opportunity to join our incredible team as a Business Partner for our pet care centers in Raleigh, NC
The Business Partner is responsible for ensuring the seamless operation of their pet care center location with a focus on driving key metrics and gold standard medicine in partnership with the Lead or Partner Veterinarian. You will work in conjunction with the corporate management team & Lead or Partner Veterinarian to meet all budgetary, client satisfaction, and patient care goals as established by the management team.
You would be responsible for a hospital culture consistent with Petfolk guidelines. The Business Partner position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week onsite at the hospital during normal business hours, Friday-Tuesday. This position has the opportunity for a profit-share partnership on day 1.
- Acts as the point of contact for all client concerns.
- Will be on the floor throughout the entire day managing the flow and guaranteeing client satisfaction and education.
- Responsible for interviewing, retention & scheduling of support staff.
- Creates a functional support staff schedule to ensure optimal hospital workflow.
- Supervises support staff personnel and is responsible for disciplinary procedures, termination, and all the legal responsibilities of employment.
- Assures that personnel are properly trained for their position with the support of Learning & Development.
- Mediates all personnel problems, maintains employee motivation, and structures continuing education for support staff personnel in partnership with Learning & Development. Will collaborate with the veterinary team to identify any needs for technical skills training for the support staff.
- Will actively participate in most client interactions to ensure an amazing client experience and that the team is educating to standards on medical quality & Petfolk+.
- May support training and onboarding of other Business Managers.
- Will manage all accident/injury reporting, OSHA management & other regulatory duties as assigned.
- Assists with the implementation of standard operating procedures and hospital protocols to maximize productivity and patient safety.
- Responsible for ensuring that success is achieved during each client interaction with the pet care center staff.
- Oversight of building and equipment maintenance and adherence to established housekeeping standards.
- Audits hospital personnel performance to assure that proper methods and techniques are being used and KPIs are being met.
- Prepares biweekly payroll: audits and approves timesheets each morning for the previous day(s) each working day & manages PTO.
- Reviews established key performance indicators monthly along with P&L, ensuring practice is operating within expectations of the management team.
- Responsible for the ongoing growth of the pet care center.
- Basic P&L understanding
- Responsible for inventory management by ensuring appropriate reorder points, updating counts within the practice management software, and working to ensure the hospital is stocked adequately for operations within budgetary guidelines set by the Business Director.
- Maintains and manages controlled substances inventory for all practitioners.
- Performs weekly, monthly & yearly physical count of all inventory items.
- If promoted to Business Partner, will participate in financial planning and growth strategy sessions with Finance, Marketing and Corporate Operations.
- Represent the Petfolk brand in the community with community outreach, creating referral partnerships and partnering with local rescue groups within the guidelines set out by Petfolk
- Demonstrated ability to manage KPIs and change behavior to drive results
- Knowledge of general accounting terms and practices
- Knowledge of principles of inventory management
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction.
- Excellent in conflict management.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Critical thinking - Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Extreme customer service skills
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of two years managing a team of 10 plus people, management experience in a comparable industry preferred. Ie: dental, eye, restaurant, ect
- Experience in sales, KPI management
- Equity Compensation: At Petfolk we want employees to own equity in the company. As part of your compensation package, you will be offered stock shares that will grow in value over time.
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy: We believe everyone does their best work when they are able to pursue their non-veterinary passions and spend time with family, so we make time-off a priority.
- Paid Holidays: Family time and downtime are important! Petfolk provides paid holidays annually, with no expectations of on-call or overnights.
- Health Insurance: Your health is a top priority, so we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents with multiple plan choices and generous contributions towards premiums for both the employee and dependents.
- Life Insurance & Disability: Petfolk offers Basic, Voluntary, & AD&D life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability.
- Petfolk Swag: We will send you and your furry family members Petfolk branded swag to rep proudly.
- Employee discount on Petfolk services: We understand the stress and concern a sick pet causes. Petfolk proudly provides discounts on wellness and illness services, food, and medication for employee pets.