WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
The Content Automation team is responsible for developing new features to enable customers to manage high-value content in Box with automated content lifecycle tools that reduce efforts in repetitive tasks. Our goal is to build a powerful best-of-breed cloud stack with a single content layer. That way, our customers can connect the content flow across their favourite business apps. We are a fast-paced and high impact team that is helping Box and our customers build world-class content solutions. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to you, come join us.
- 10 or more years of professional software development experience with an understanding of best practices
- Hands-on experience with building highly scalable distributed systems
- Good understanding of scalability and observability practices
- Act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are a problem solver and you look for a team of like-minded people.
- You have a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures and software design.
- You are experienced in helping define REST APIs.
- Demonstrable experience in guiding and mentoring a team of high performing engineers.
- Have proficient knowledge of software design
- Solid experience with testing principles and frameworks (jest/Cucumber/Cypress etc.)
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are Welcome:
- QA/white box testing background/experience in the following: exponential back offs, testing and scale, parallelization, Docker for running tests
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Experience with public cloud systems such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Utilized Box APIs for building application
Candidate will be expected to:
- Build, enhance and maintain various features in content automation domain including our workflow and forms products
- Write/review high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Collaborate with partner teams and domain architects on the system design and services integration
- Triage bugs and resolve issues that may arise during on call
- Mentor and coach engineers from the team, timely provide technical feedback
- Clearly communicate complex problems and technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers and can break down complex requirements into steps
- Respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Team up with other talented engineers to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values.
- Utilize both your technical and interpersonal skills to lead large scale projects to completion.
- Model solid engineering practices around architectural design, testability, scalability and maintainability.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other cross-functional stakeholders to align on requirements and understand how your work will impact the business.
- Gather product requirements and write technical design documents (RFC etc.)
Percentage of time spent:
- 25% coding
- 20% software design
- 10% documentation
- 10% on-call activities and bug fixing
- 15% Developer support and mentoring
- 20% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise
- Code reviews - GitHubEntreprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation".
Last updated on Aug 17, 2023