b_labs is the transformation and digitization arm of B.TECH, on a mission to change the industry as we know it. We spearhead tech innovation at B.TECH, an organization that has been a cornerstone of the Egyptian retail industry. We are the engine powering B.TECH in achieving its goal of becoming the leading omni-channel platform for consumer electronics and appliances in Egypt. By joining b labs, you will get to benefit from a collaborative startup environment, while also enjoying the stability of working within a company that has achieved strong growth year after year. You will be part of a visionary, customer-focused team with an ambitious mission--to become a trailblazer for digital retail within the Middle East.
The Head of Business Intelligence will lead the development and implementation of b_labs' business intelligence strategy and oversee a team of business intelligence developers. This role will play a crucial part in shaping the company's data and analytics foundation and collaborating with the Head of Data Engineering and Head of Data Governance to foster data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Develop and implement the business intelligence strategy and operating model in line with b_labs' business objectives and industry best practices
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of business intelligence developers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement by yielding actional insights
- Design and ensure quality implementation of reporting foundation layer to facilitate business requirements mapping into implemented solution in minimal time frame
- Ensure adequate technologies and resources required for the in pipe and forecasted reporting systems and advanced analytics services
- Assess and evaluate vendors’ technologies to ensure all solutions are properly selected and measured against efforts and scalability measures
- Search and acquire new technologies and techniques which can serve and enhance the business intelligence development and support services to increase organization’s services reliability
- Ensure develop and maintain the needed processes and business frameworks to lead the teams’ activities and to align with the organization objectives and key results
- Monitor and maintain the health and performance of b_labs' business intelligence ecosystem, proactively identifying and addressing any issues
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in business intelligence, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python, Java, or Scala
- Familiarity with cloud-based data solutions (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Exceptional problem-solving, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence tools, technologies, and best practices, including data marts, cubes, semantics layers, and analytical engines, especially Power BI and Tableau platforms
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
Office environment: When you come to our b_labs office, you'll find creative workspaces, a well-equipped kitchen, and an open design to foster collaboration between teams.
Education budget: We believe the learning journey never ends, therefore you will be entitled to an annual education budget to take part in trainings, courses or onsite conferences of your choice.
Flexibility: You know best whether you want to work from home or in the office. However, if you want to join your teammates onsite, we will subsidize the costs for lunch to foster the b_labs office community
Mobility package: When you are joining the b_labs office, we will subsidize your mobility expenses for public transport.
Equipment: From "Day 1" you will receive all the equipment you need be successful at work. Therefore, you can choose your laptop and get all the tools you need to stay on top of your game. •
Last updated on Aug 3, 2023