The Senior Float Reproductive Healthcare Assistant demonstrates proficiency in all relevant RHA responsibilities and regularly travels to specific sites. The Senior Float RHA performs post-procedure lab tests and assists in training for other staff members as necessary. This position works under the supervision of the on-site Health Center Manager and Regional Directors.
1. Provide direct patient care as scheduled, in compliance with all Planned Parenthood of Illinois protocols and procedures, to include educating and counseling patients in reproductive health matters, performing routine lab tests, maintaining medical records and logs, scheduling patients and responding in a professional manner to the needs of the patients.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in RHA I, RHA II, and RHA III job responsibilities. Must be signed off in two or more AB skills, whether Surgical or MED AB.
3. Participate in health center efforts:
- for compliance with organizational quality assurance guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA
- in achievement of medical visit and productivity goals
- in attainment of annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses, and contribution margin
4. Assist in the referral of patients to other services provided by PPIL or other agencies in the community as indicated.
5. Assist in the maintenance of an efficient, clean and comfortable Health Center facility.
6. Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the on-site Health Center Manager, and/or Regional Directors, regarding training and continuing education needs.
7. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
8. Travel to the various specified work sites on a regular basis.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Independently perform the functions listed in at least two of the following sections:
10. Perform post-procedure lab testing (float POC), prepare specimens for outside lab, and communicate with the attending physician as appropriate.
11. Perform ultrasound duties as directed.
12. Provide accurate, non-directive counseling and information for informed consent for abortion services.
13. Perform duties of checkout, including charge posting, accepting payment, account reconciliation, and providing medication; attain complete accuracy in the execution and recording of financial transactions.
14. Provide training for other staff on site in group and one-on-one settings as directed by Health Center management.
15. Assist in the coordination of colposcopy visits and the colposcopy program, including:
- support for physician or colposcopist during colpo/LEEP procedures
- maintenance of medical records and logs
- routine clerical duties including accurate colpo/LEEP records with documentation of client information, and the colpo correlation data report for PPFA and PPIL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Regional Director of Health Center Operations
Status: Full time. Non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
Completion of an accredited high school program or equivalent experience required. Additional training and/or education in reproductive health or medical services necessary.
- Demonstrated ability in the duties and responsibilities of RHA III position.
- Previous professional experience with the provision of family planning services is necessary.
- Previous medical laboratory and/or counseling experience required, as well as familiarity with computer databases.
Personal & Professional Qualities:
- Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as a commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with patients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a professional, warm, and sensitive manner. Bi-lingual ability in Spanish or other languages common to the area is helpful.
- High energy level, organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care.
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include evening and weekend hours, and to work at other PPIL centers if needed.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.