Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing hands on support to teams using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile and champion Agile values throughout the organization, along with other Scrum Masters.
- Building a trusting and safe environment to increase transparency and inspection with an emphasis on team improvement, communication and problem solving.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of teams and organisation and coaching members to higher levels of maturity to maximise their effectiveness and impact.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks with careful consideration on when and why we should diverge from certain components to increase overall sustainable productivity and efficacy.
- Do what's needed to keep the team continuously delivering value including clearing any obstacles and coordinating with other scrum teams on dependencies.
- Use empirical methods to inspect and provide transparency into team performance and drive growth
- At least 4 years experience in cross-functional agile teams delivering complex products in fast moving environments in a scrum master or leadership role.
- Experience with numerous patterns and techniques for improving team maturity within the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
- Strong track record leading teams to ship products as a scrum master.
- Technical leadership experience highly desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds, good at managing both up and down, adept at resolving conflicts.
- Driven and resilient, leads by example with positive energy to get through tough times.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js
, Python, FastAPI
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell/Debezium, PySpark, TiCDC
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application
(the “Notice”) and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by Ninja Logistics Pte Ltd (the “Company”) for the purposes set out in the Notice. In the event that your job application or personal data was received from any third party pursuant to the purposes set out in the Notice, you warrant that such third party has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for the purposes set out in the the Notice.
Last updated on Oct 10, 2023