Dymax is a world-renowned producer of oligomers, adhesives, coatings, dispensing systems, and curing equipment. Whereas our competitors supply products, our company teams up with customers and commits to developing solutions that help customers lower costs, improve efficiencies, and increase their profitability. This focus on customer partnership has led us to become where we are today: a rapidly expanding industry force with a comprehensive product portfolio, extraordinary employees, and a bright future based on creating quality offerings with a dedication to business growth.
We seek a results-focused, innovative, customer-centric well-qualified individual to join our talented team as a Temporary Operator. Based on our Torrington, Connecticut location, you will be expected to keep material flow from Receiving to Shipping by moving incoming or finished goods on site, assisting reactor and chemical operators with defined tasks and other duties and responsibilities directed by the leader, maintaining inventory accuracy transacting in E1, backing up shipping and receiving when needed, transferring of materials and maintenance of stockroom, packaging/processing international and domestic shipments.
- Ensure items shipped meet full compliance and international air standards by rigorously following international and domestic freighting regulations (HazMat, IATA, DOT) and documentation when prepare materials to ship, then ensuring shipments and pallets are safe, secure, and correctly loaded. Assisting shipping/receiving with daily tasks when needed.
- Keep inventory accuracy by physically moving materials to appropriate location and transact in E1, performing cycle counts and report adjustments required according to procedures. Also coordinating material flow to keep racks organized and aisles clear.
- Assist production by loading hotboxes with raw materials as required, moving packaging inventory to appropriate location, putting away drums and pails in their proper locations after they are used each shift and assuring that locations are properly moved in E1 and other duties and responsibilities directed by production leader
- Ensure shipped items meet delivery deadlines, and customer and cost expectations by accurately preparing and staging materials for shipping according to the schedule and following existing procedures and regulations
- Meet department lines shipped on-time needs and metrics by maintaining dialog and order planning with the Shipping and Receiving and Customer Service, and by establishing optimal receiving and shipping planning and scheduling practices and priorities. Driving company vehicle between Dymax locations
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean, ergonomically sensitive productive workplace by establishing and following best housekeeping practices for equipment, and by practicing and implementing safe lifting and loading techniques. Also handling and organizing hazardous and non-hazardous waste collection areas in accordance to current EH&S policies.
- High School diploma; associates degree preferred
- IATA and HazMat certification desirable
- Must be qualified to operate forklift and powerlifting equipment and jacks
- Knowledge and experience working with ERPs (inventory transaction), Microsoft Office
- Good mathematical and organizational skills
- This position requires a high level of attention to detail, excellent organization, communication, and problem-solving skills, the ability to hold a high level of confidentiality, and good judgment.
- Must regularly lift weights up to 50lb
- 5+ years of experience in handling, shipping, and receiving hazardous materials required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and operationally productive without constant supervision
Dymax takes the compensation of its employees very seriously and considers several factors when determining the total compensation package including but not limited to location, market range, skills, knowledge, experience, and abilities. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Dymax salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range. The range listed is just one component of Dymax’s total compensation packages for employees.
This is a 4-week assignment with the possibility of being longer