Our client, Ten Plus Architectural Products Ltd., is looking to hire a Junior to Intermediate Architectural Estimator.
Applications will only be accepted through this process - do not attempt to contact the Company by phone, email, mail or fax, as those submissions will not be accepted.
We thank all who apply, but only successful candidates will be contacted regarding next steps.
A questionnaire, including a 1 way video submission will be sent to you once you submit your resume. This questionnaire is required to be considered for this role.
- Review tender documents; drawings & specifications (Architectural / Mechanical / Structural), related to Ten Plus products, for various ICI projects.
- Complete & prepare a proper detailed quantity take-off, of all Ten Plus products, using:
- Excel Spreadsheet
- Electronic set of specifications, and drawings (either in PDF or AutoCad); downloaded from various Construction Associations website, or Contractor’s ftp sites.
- Support the sales department, including the review of specifications & drawings to confirm that Ten Plus is specified, and identify any discrepancies or clarifications required.
- Prepare a labour & material costing, on Ten Plus fabricated products, using pre-established Excel spreadsheets, as well as modifying, or developing new spreadsheets where required.
- Continually improve & update costing of material, labour, and services, by obtaining pricing from suppliers, and communicating with vendors, and production department.
- Schedule and track projects being tendered / quoted.
- Complete & prepare quotations, budget proposals, bid / tender forms, for submittal by sales department.
- Provide assistance to sales department on technical aspects, and offer input on bidding strategies and negotiation.
- Assist and /or communicate with production department on material procurement.
- Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the above, employee is required to occasionally assist in other areas when the need arises.
- Employee must be a team player, and cooperate with all other departments, for the betterment of the company.
- Minimum of an Architectural Technologist Diploma, or similar with 2 – 3 years of estimating experience.
- Fully understand / read / interpret construction & working drawings, specifications, and tender documents. Must be detail oriented and thorough.
- Able to prepare and complete tender bid documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to use and work in AutoCad, and PDF applications.
- A good command of the English language. Ability to speak and write clearly.
- Knowledge & experience in any other estimating, or take-off software.
- Basic concepts of the manufacturing process, in fabricating products made of various metals, mainly aluminum extrusions, would be an asset.
- Understanding of Building Envelope concepts & details, as it relates to transitions between different components of the cladding materials, such as curtain wall, siding, panels, masonry, air vapor barriers, insulation, thermal barriers, louvres, sunshades, etc.
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023