Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You will be working as part of the Engineering team here at Simply Business, which will be paramount towards our customer journey as well as working on new initiative programmes. This role is based in the Perform Team, and you'll be reporting into Nicola (Engineering Manager) leading and mentoring a team of 8.
(We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the bullet points above to be considered for this role.)
Ready to join us and help us elevate our internal engineering platforms? Apply today.
About Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 900,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
What are the benefits?
We support every team member to balance work and life effectively.
• remote working - you can balance working remotely and connecting with colleagues in the office
• mental health and wellbeing resources - access to counselling and technology to support your mental health
• flexible parental leave - we pay six months full pay to the primary caregiver, and four weeks full pay if you’re the secondary caregiver
• paid sabbatical - two weeks off when you’ve been here five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here 10, 15 and 20 years
• a dedicated learning platform - the platform lets you balance both work and life goals (including management and leadership programme)
• life event leave - an extra day of leave every two years for whatever you want: moving house, welcoming a new pet, or your birthday
We also make sure you’re compensated fairly.
• competitive salary - based upon your experience and the market we’re in from day one
• annual bonus - the potential to earn a bonus based on business performance
• pension - we match what you put into your pension up to five percent
• health cash plan - we reimburse your everyday medical expenses
• holiday entitlement - 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (you can also use your flexible benefits to get up to five days more!)
• life assurance - four times your basic salary
• flexible benefits scheme - an allocated allowance to use each year on things like private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership.
Ready to join us and drive our success as a high-performing team? Apply today.