Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might be in the right place!
We're looking for a talented Software Development Team Lead to help us lead, mentor, and coach a high-performing software development team while fostering an inclusive environment that inspires them to do the best work of their career to date.
As a leader at Lightspeed, your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, and generally having a great time at Lightspeed. You also lead the team's delivery, enabling productive and sustainable ways of working while focusing on the most important things that bring long-term business value.
As a leader of strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development are a must so that you can challenge and grow your team members. You will also be able to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
If you’re motivated by tackling technical challenges, delivering impactful solutions, and pursuing excellence within our distributed workforce, we’d love to hear from you!
Under your guidance, the team will take on the critical mission of supporting and enhancing our Restaurant Point-of-Sale product, helping businesses worldwide streamline their operations. You foster and strengthen a healthy, highly collaborative, and continuously learning culture across the teams.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Be the trusted lead and partner of a development team of 5-6 members, guiding, motivating, and developing your team to solve complex business problems.
- Enhance team growth through effective mentoring, coaching, and constructive feedback, while fostering a mutually supportive, inclusive, and collaborative environment.
- You model lead-by-example excellence, provide high-quality code reviews and design feedback, and work to drive technical alignment in challenging areas.
- Lead the way to develop performant, scalable, and maintainable applications and microservices, ensuring high technical quality and operational excellence in your area.
- Collaborate closely with other teams, architects, product managers, and engineering leaders to align approaches and priorities.
- Continuously improve our software delivery processes and practices, staying updated with industry trends to influence our strategic direction and foster innovation.
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team, and participate in recruiting top talent for the organization.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Proven experience leading a team of developers through successful software projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Solid understanding of development processes, testing, and CI/CD best practices.
- Passion for learning new things and desire to improve continuously.
- Solution-oriented and constructive mindset and ability to manage ambiguity.
- Experience with both relational/SQL (eg. MySQL) and non-relational/NoSQL (eg. Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis) databases
- Experience scaling Microservice architectures and implementing advanced patterns of distributed and fault tolerant systems
- If you have a Frontend Development background:
- Advanced skills in Typescript, React, Next.js
- Experience developing frontend applications in large teams
- Full-stack web development familiarity is a strong plus.
- If you have a Backend Development background:
- Advanced skills in Java: Spring, Spring Boot and the Spring ecosystem
- Or, Advanced skills in Python: FastAPI, Flask Frameworks
- Experience with Kafka or other real time messaging systems (eg. Pub/Sub)
Even better if you have hands-on experience with (but not necessary):
- Interest in or experience with POS or eCommerce systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS or GCP and their products
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Knowledge on Security topics (authentication and authorisation patterns, OAuth2, PKI, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver who does not shy away from tackling complexity and critical thinking.
- You have a strong will to learn, grow, and leave your comfort zone.
- You have great energy and passion for technology.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible hours and hybrid work — we work from the office three days a week to sync with the team and brainstorm new ideas, with the option of working remotely for the remaining two days
- People Experience — Our PX benefit allows you to work from pretty much anywhere in the world for 60 days a year
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Health & Wellness Credit — expense up to 1300 GEL per year towards your gym membership, yoga classes, a new bike or whatever else you do for your health
- Mental Health Support through the Modern Health App — whether it is meditation, coaching or counseling you need — each employee gets access to this platform.
- Support to talk with external Russian speaking psychologists (up to 7 sessions/year)
- A medical insurance plan that covers dental care
- At Lightspeed we value your professional development; you’ll have regular performance reviews and opportunities to make growth
- Variety of resources. We provide Apple MacBooks Pro for work, free access to LinkedIn Learning for any course of your choice and cover 50% of the cost of SkyEng English classes
- Time off to volunteer and give back to your community
- Awesome office space located in Saburtalo (Tbilisi)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Lightspeed is a proud equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. Lightspeed welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Last updated on Feb 8, 2024